"Maybe we should head back to the tent, yeah?" Marco asked. "So you can get changed."

"You think?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him. "Let's do that. Ced, you're coming.l

I made my way out of the stream and pushed my way through the two boys before I led the way back towards the tent

"Prepare yourself." Marco told Cedric from behind me. "Allie's brought Ironwood with her this year. He's really grumpy and an even bigger bitch than last school year."

"Marco, stop talking!" I said and glanced back at them. "He's not a bitch. He's just in a mood."

Marco scoffed.

"He doesn't treat you right." Cedric commented. "Doesn't respect you."

"Like you respect me?" I joked and slowed down so I could walk between them. I threw my arms around each of their necks, almost having to pull myself up on my toes because they were taller. "You threw me in a stream."

"Oh babe—" Marco tutted, shaking his head. "We respect you and we love you. We don't tell you to stop eating because we don't want you to gain weight."

"Cameron said that?" Cedric frowned, wrapping an arm around my back. Marco hummed in response to him and nodded at the same time. "What a fucking idiot."

"And we couldn't care less if you gained a few pounds." Marco assured me. "Eat when you're hungry. Eat when you're not. You'll always be perfect Allie Silverberry."

Alright, I love them.

"You're gonna make me cry." I pouted, causing both of them to laugh.

When we got back to the tent, Cameron wasn't sleeping on the sofa like when Marco and I left. The pizza box still stood on the coffee table, empty as Marco and I ate all of it before leaving.

"Cam?!" I called out and let go of my friends as we walked further into the tent. I got no response. I checked in the bedroom he was going to stay in, then I checked the kitchen and I even knocked on the door to the bathroom but there was no response.

"Uh, Allie?" Cedric asked. I turned around and looked at him. He was holding up what appeared to be a note he had found on the coffee table. I hadn't noticed it hen we first entered the tent.

"I swear to god—" I groaned and walked towards him quickly. Marco had sat down in the chair he sat in before when we were eating and Cedric pushed his hands into the pockets of his trousers while I read the note.

I changed my mind. I'll see you at school.

"That's it?" I asked. "This is his goodbye note?"

I sighed and curled up the note before throwing it in the bin in the kitchen. Cameron promised me he'd come with me so we could do something that I enjoyed because that's what couples do.

Instead he decides to leave a really pathetic note and leave while I'm out meeting my other friend. He couldn't even be man enough to face me and tell me himself.

"Are you okay?" Marco asked, watching me carefully as I made my way to my own room so I could get changed.

"I'm fine." I told him with a shrug of my shoulders. I closed the door behind me and picked my bag up from the floor, putting it on the bed.

I had packed two sets of clothing. I always come prepared when I go somewhere with Marco and Cedric. They've done shit like this before so it wasn't that big of a surprise.

I changed out of my wet clothes and into a pair of mum jeans with big holes by my knees and an oversized white 'the Beatles' t-shirt that I let hang around my body instead of tucking it in. I pulled my hair into a ponytail, then rejoined my friends in the living room.

"I don't care that Cameron left." I shrugged when I saw the concerned looks they were sending me. "I knew he was gonna ruin something but this is easier than if he ended up publicly embarrassed me. We're gonna have fun and I won't let him ruin that."

Cedric and Marco looked at each other, then looked at me again and both shrugged.

"I'm in." Marco grinned, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Me too." Ced smiled softly. "We'll make you forget about the idiotic excuse of a boyfriend you've got."

I playfully rolled my eyes, letting out a chuckle as I made my way to pick up the book from the sofa.

"This time I actually agree with you on that." I told him and walked over to the bookshelf to put the book away.

"Why don't you dump him then?" Marco asked. I looked at him and shrugged as I walked over, placing my hands on the armrest, leaning closer to him.

"You might not like him because of his bad days but—"

"Bad days?" He frowned. "Babe, that boy treats you like rubbish."

"He also treats me really nicely." I told him. "He's got anger issues and he gets jealous because he's not used to sharing, but I know he really likes me."

I pushed myself away from the chair Marco sat in, and joined Cedric as he had sat down on the sofa.

"How about you, Ced?" I asked and turned my head to look at him. "Have you been seeing anyone during the summer? Hopefully a bitch so we can talk rubbish about someone other than Cam."

"I would love to help you out, Allie." He chuckled. "But it seem as my luck in girls sucks as much as always."

I pouted at him and laid my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sure loads of girls would love to hook up with you."

-

Double-update! Chapter four is out too. Hope you enjoy :)