Chapter 13

I think I like Marcus. He is funny and easy going.

Lucas took my breakfast and made sure I had everything. After eating I was starting to feel much better but I still had questions.

So when Lucas went back into the kitchen I decided to ask Marcus.

"Marcus I have a question."

"Ask away."

"Who is Stacey?"

"She is Lucas ex. Don't worry about her, she is a drama queen and nothing she said is ture, she is the one who actuality left Lucas."

"Oh."

"Yeah, but as I said dont worry about it. Anyways, I think its time for us to get ready for the Gala."

Once am alone in my room I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I am happy that nothing Lucas ex said is true because that would have broken me to a point of no repair.

After taking a long shower to wash away the days stress. I started to get dressed, opening the shopping bags that Lucas gave me I saw a light blue velvet off the shoulder long sleeve, floor length dress, with dimond detail around the breast area, with a pointed toe clear stiletto.

Brushing my short shoulder length curly hair and adding small amounts of make up to enhance my natural feature I was ready. Looking at my reflection I am stunned.

Wow. Who is this girl? Feeling satisfied with my appearance I made my way down stairs.

I saw Marcus first, he is standing to the side looking very handsome in his all black Armani tuxedo.

Standing at the foot of the stairs is Lucas, in all his glory. Wearing a all black Armani tuxedo similar to Marcus.

The only difference is that Lucas tux has small coloring details to the cuff matching my dress with a matching bow tie.

"God dam Avery you look hot, Lucas keep her close tonight bro, am telling you she's gonna turn some head in that dress."

Saying thank you to Marcus I waited on Lucas for his comment, but it never came. He took me by surprise when he held my face and for the first time, he kissed me directly on the lips.

" I do not have the word to express how amazing your looking right now love."

With my heart beating a million beats per minute all I could do is smile.

This man is gonna drive me crazy, for the love of God I am still trying to recover from that kiss, and him calling me love isn't help one bit.

"Avery, Love, are you okay?"

Hugging him while hiding my face in his chest, I replied.

"Am okay, just a little nervous about the gala and all." I lied again.

The fact that he started to laugh makes it obvious that he knows.

"You guys are so cute, but please keep it PG 13 my eyes can manage only so much"

Shanking my head at Marcus silly comment, Lucas took my hand, leading me to the door, we head outsided to the awaiting car.. wait is that a Lemosene?

I think Lucas missed understood my shock and excitement as nervousness.

" you don't have to be nervous, Love, tonight you will remain by my side at all time. When its time for me to make the announcement you can stay by Marcus side or even come with, okay."