the one with the sonogram at the end

Start from the beginning

she had her binder of college thesus', graduation certificates, employment records and still; nothing. 

tired from the day, gianna decided to head home. the sun was beginning to set as she pushed open the door to joey's apartment. although she was staying with monica, she really felt like speaking to her brother. 

the apartment was quiet as she stepped inside, the only noise heard was the constant dripping of the kitchen tap. despite there being a faint smell to the apartment, to gianna it was comforting - it smelt like her childhood home. 

with the absence of her brother or chandler in the apartment, she decides to go next door to try and find someone. she knocks quietly on the door before a yell is heard. 

"it's open!" gianna pushes the door open and sees monica in the kitchen, a plate of freshly baked cookies in her hand. joey, chandler and phoebe were on the sofa watching a program on the tv. "oh hi gianna." 

"hey.." gianna replies quietly before pulling out a chair at the kitchen table and laying her head in her arms. 

"how'd the job search go sweetie?" monica questions, pulling out a chair next to her. gianna doesn't remove her head from her arms but shakes her head. 

"it was a total bust." she exclaims when she looks up. "no one wants me!" monica reaches across the pats her arm sympathetically. 

"sure they do." monica replies, trying to give gianna a reassuring smile. "if rachel can get a job, so can you." 

"oh hey gigi." joey says after the tv has been turned off. 

"joey i don't know what i'm going to do!" her voice was shaking now, clearly becoming overwhelmed. 

"hey hey, it's alright." joey rushes to her side and places an arm over her shoulder. "how about tomorrow i help you look for a job?" gianna nods her head slowly before letting her head fall on his shoulder. 

"maybe gianna, you're going to have to work with something new for a while." monica  smiles. 

"like how rachel is a waitress but that's not what she wants to do." phoebe continues, sitting down opposite her. 

"you might have to start brand new." monica finishes and gianna looks up slightly before exhaling. 

"i suppose you're right." she mutters before looking over at chandler. "what do you think chandler?" 

"well-" chandler begins, looking down at gianna. "i think you're going to be fine." there was another pause as the pair smiled at each other. "hey why don't you try an audition with joey?" 

"oh no, i'm no actor." gianna argues and joey looks down at her. 

"what about all those plays you did in high school!?" joey exclaims and gianna shakes her head with a slight laugh. 

"joey i was like 15." she replies. "besides, i wasn't very good at it anyway." the others join in laughing, watching as gianna cheered up slightly. 

*

"good morning all." gianna smiles brightly as she leaves the bathroom of monica's apartment. everyone glances up to see her bright face and their only response is to smile back. 

"someone is cheery. what's got you so smiley?" rachel teases, a smile on her face as she ties her apron. 

"i think i've had a revelation." gianna replies, picking up the jug of orange juice from the table. the others glance at each other as gianna twirls around the kitchen with her orange juice.