And on Day 100

Beginne am Anfang

"Can I clean that for you?" Celestina ignored him, staring down at her palms. He stood up and he swore under his breath. He took a minute at the sink, collected some items, and sat down next to her. Even with the amount of anger he had stirring around, he gently took her leg and laid it flat. He cleaned up the excess amount of blood with an antibacterial wipe and tossed it in the trash. "This might burn a little."

It did burn, but she didn't dare move. She watched his gentle hands move slowly to cover up the small wound. He didn't seem affected by the blood. She couldn't think of anything more ironic. "Does the smell bother you?"

"Most blood does not have a smell." He threw a piece of the bandage away. "Besides, I've drank yours before."

Bewildered, her leg jerked backwards. His annoyed gaze flickered up to hers. "What?"

"Willingly. You let me." His lips turned upwards for a second. "Encouraged, even."

So all of the memories have not resurfaced yet. Or he has been coming to see her, and erasing her mind each time. She wasn't sure which one was worse. "Why did you come here, Wesley?"

Again, he gently pushed her leg back down to finish up. "I don't really know." At this, she stared directly at him. There was so much anger she couldn't even use her voice. Her leg wound was finally dressed. He ended up staying in the close position he was, staring right back at her. The wall didn't look as bad as she originally thought. It was so clean he almost erased any traces of her fit of frustration. "I left those for you in case you wanted to forget."

Her eyes hovered over the remaining 99 bottles on her bathroom counter. It's been a never ending battle with them each time she enters her bathroom. "I don't think I want to."

Wesley's fingers traced over the bandage he placed on her leg. "Why not?"

"You said you didn't know the plan. Were you telling the truth?"

"They didn't tell me because they knew I wouldn't have gone." His fingers stopped dancing. "As soon as I realized what they were doing I tried to save everyone in that car." The fingers pressed hard into her warm skin. "I was very late."

Celestina brushed over his fingers with her own. The grip on her leg tightened, as if he weren't expecting her to come so close. "I don't know if I ever thanked you, but - thank you. For saving me. And trying for my family."

He blew out a breath, his shoulders sagging with it. "You don't need to thank me."

She shifted to directly face him. His hand moved with her leg, refusing to let go. He seemed so exhausted, as if he were also fighting his own battles too. "Did you come here to stay or say goodbye?"

This question made him squirm. "What do you want me to do?"

"Stay."

"Celestina," He sighed, removing his hand to rub it against his face, "this isn't going to work. I'm not a normal person - I'm not healthy for you. None of this was a good idea. I went about this poorly and - "

"Stop." Her voice was so calm and collected that his voice died in his mouth. "I want you to stay." Before he could protest, she stood upwards. She reached her hand, wiggling it gently as motion to grab it. Without a sound, he did exactly that. They moved to her bed and almost immediately she felt sleep tugging at her eyes. She was too comfortable around him. To make sure he didn't leave, she wrapped her hand around his arm for good measure. "We can talk about it in the morning, okay?"

Wesley shook his head on the pillow. "No, we can't Celestina. We can't do this."

"We have been doing it. And it's been fine."