the one where monica gets two new roommates

Start from the beginning

"yea-" he looks down to gianna to see her sniffling. "oh! come on, let's go to my apartment and we can talk. see you guys later." joey smiles, waving at the others. gianna waves to them as well, stepping away with joey as he places a light hand on her back. 

"she seems nice." monica smiles, looking at rachel and chandler who remained in the apartment. 

"yeah she does." rachel agrees. "and she's really pretty, great fashion sense too. did you see her coat?" 

"ah yes, it was a marvelous coat. i'd like one for myself but i think i'd get a little warm." chandler jokes, earning a look from monica and rachel. 

across the hall, joey sits gianna down on the sofa before landing next to her. 

"now, what's happened?" he asks, placing a gentle hand over her shaking one. 

"matt cheated on me." gianna stammers, feeling tears sting her eyes. joey immediately lets go of her hand, his entire body tensing with anger. 

"what?" his voice was low as he stands from the sofa. 

"joey-"

"he did what to my little sister!?"he exclaims, frightening gianna. "where is he? he'll pay for what he did!" joey begins to walk towards the door, picking up a baseball bat that was beside the door. 

"joey don't." gianna mutters, standing from the sofa. 

"no!he hurt my little sister!" joey shouts, waving the bat around. 

"joey please. i'll be okay, i just need my big brother." her voice was shaky now, tears spilling over her cheeks. 

"oh, gigi..." joey whispers, letting the bat fall to the floor before wrapping his arms around her. as soon as her cheek hits his chest she bursts into tears. 

"i missed you joey." she stammers, her arms wrapping around his torso. 

"i missed you too gigi." 

*

later that evening, gianna sat at the kitchen counter in joey's apartment. in front of her were the only remaining photos she had of matt, every gift she had, including the necklace he bought her for their year anniversary. joey had left for central perk. he'd invited gianna, but she wanted some time alone. 

gianna picks up a photograph, sliding her finger across matt's face, a single tear dropping onto their smiling faces. 

"argh!" gianna rips the photo, screwing the pieces into a ball and throwing them at the door as it swings open.

"another reminder that i'm a trash can." chandler states sarcastically before his eyes land on gianna sitting at the counter, head in her hands. slowly she looks up at him. 

"oh, sorry." she mutters. "i was just uh-"

"taking out your anger about your boyfriend cheating on you." chandler replies, placing his briefcase on the table. confused gianna looks at him. 

"h-how did you-"

"joey stormed into monica's apartment before and told us." chandler explains, a soft smile on his face. 

"oh.." there was a pause of silence between them. 

"i suppose how are you is the wrong sort of question to ask here." chandler tries to joke, earning a small laugh from gianna. 

"i'm sorry for being such a downer. and randomly turning up this morning. i wasn't sure what to do." gianna replies and chandler shakes his head.