adler'ssummerhouse

Start from the beginning

"Sia...

"Honestly, Luna is weirdly amazing at making tea, I think she sneaks hemp into it-

"Sienna, just-

"To be fair, if it doesn't have hemp in it then I have no idea what I've been drinking the past few days, she may have drugged me for all I know-

"SIENNA!" Nico raised his voice and leant forward, I stopped my rambling and stared at the four steaming mugs. I saw Devon move away from him and sit beside me. The silence made us all wait for someone to talk, anything, maybe not about Luna and her tea-making skills but anything.

"When I...was bitten, the potion Narcissa gave me didn't stop me from...changing," I say quietly, I could feel Leena, Devon and Nicodemus all sitting forward, listening but I refused to look at any of them, "And, when we got back from Hogwarts, Lucius threatened me, to go, leave the house. Draco didn't stop him, he stood there and watched his father jab his wand into my neck," I could hear my voice start to crack, even Leena sat up, not hearing this before, "I got so angry, that I-

I closed my mouth and bit my lip as I tried to steady my breathing.

"Take your time Sia, it's okay," Nico reassured me softly. I look up at him and shake my head.

"I could have killed him if Leena didn't stop me, he'd be dead. I had no control over what I was doing" The last part hit a nerve in me and I leant down, throwing my face into my hands. I didn't want any of them to say 'It's okay' or 'It's in the past now' because it wasn't okay. Not one bit, and I know that "We finally spoke today, he said such horrible things,"

You're my anchor Sienna.

I shake my head, trying not to hear his soothing voice. I draw my eyes away and watch my hands, shake. I could feel all of them looking at each other. Devon slipped her hand into mine, making me look up at her in shock, "You know, I brought you to the Manor to get Draco, not to get bitten. Yes, maybe...breaking up wasn't on the rota but this time apart might be really good for you, both of you," Devon spoke gently. She was there when Fenrir Greyback grabbed me and dug his teeth into my shoulder, she saw how much I tried to push him away.

I nod at her, knowing she's right, "Sienna," Nico spoke up, "Stay here as long as need," What he was saying was considerate but his face and tone didn't match. Devon smiled at him, making him smile back.

"Red one's Dev's, the purple 'best quidditch player ever' one is mine and you can choose which one is yours," Nico says, lifting up the red and purple mugs, giving one to Devon, then leaning over to kiss her cheek. Leena and both look at the funky, ceramic mug and back to each other, then dive in and both reach for it.

"Oi, careful, that's my sister's!" He raises his voice at us. Leena ended up with the cool mug and we both giggled to each other and sat back, sinking into the coach. We all went back into a normal, less sad conversation as I sat back in Leena's arms and Devon stretched her legs over mine.

After many laughs and memories being shared, some about Theo was mentioned which made us all go quiet, but Nico, trying to change the subject, cheerfully invited Leena to stay, "Lee, stay over for dinner, have a few drinks and we can have a match of quidditch. We all need it," Leena sits up and removes her arm around my shoulder.

"Umm, I-I don't know Nico, I should head back,"

I look up at her and grab her hand, she looks down at me making a small smirk grow on her face, "Please, Lee? For me?" I say smiling back and squeezing her hand ever so slightly. I really did need my two best friends right now.

"Yeah alright," she smiled, not looking away from me.

She looked over to Nico, who was now standing up, "I'll get started on Lunch-