Chapter 28: Thinking and Knowing

Start from the beginning

"I only gave her one tip. Nothing else. She is exaggerating what she is saying." Naruto stuffed his mouth with food. There was a small bump that formed on his cheek due to him stuffing his face.

"Relax, Naruto. Why are you in such a rush?" Asked Sakura, getting a side-glance from Naruto. He swallowed the food down quickly so he would be able to answer the question.

"I'm hungry."

"Oh, I guess that's reasonable."

"It is. Always will be." Naruto continued to stuff his mouth with food. The food was quite good and tasty. But it will never be able to compare to Ichiraku Ramen.

Now that I think about it, I still have't used that Ichiraku Ramen coupon just yet. Will have to use it once we get back to the village. Naruto thought, swallowing another chunk of food.

Sakura suddenly noticed something.

"What's that?" She pointed towards something from afar. They raised an eyebrow, looking at the direction that she was point at. It was a picture that was inside a frame.

Tazuna, Tsunami, and Inari were in it as expected, but there was something much more strange about it. There was somebody missing on the portrait photo that they were looking at.

Part of the picture had a large piece missing. It was missing a person that was just standing right behind Tsunami and ruffling Inari's head. He was also smiling, Inari they mean.

Speaking of Inari, he got off of his seat and walked away from the situating at hand. Tsunami sighed, following right towards Inari; whom just left the room.

They looked at Tazuna in complete silence. This must be a very touchy subject for them all.

"Him? He was named. . . Kaiza," They all listened closely to what Tazuna had to say. "And he was the hero of this small town of ours." Oh, this must be a really touchy subject for them.

"He died just a bit after Gato established that he was taking control of everything of the Land of Waves." He looked right after the door that Inari had just exited with.

"Inari lost his father, so he never really knew him. So the day he had met Kaiza, a lot of things changed for him. He was like a father that Inari never had. So you must know how he could have felt when he finally met someone like him." They nodded, understanding what Tazuna was saying.

"He died with a public execution by Gato. It was a way to give us an 'example' on what would happen if we dare defy him and his reign over the Land of Waves." Naruto just had enough of this and walked away from the scene.

"Where are you going?"

"To train." Naruto walked away, his figure retreating away as he went right outside of the door and into the world full of nature. He stepped foot on the dock.

Heroes? Do they really exist? Maybe. I don't know. I guess they do. But at the same time, there really isn't much of a difference between people defining good people and bad people. This is especially true when trying to define if a shinobi is good or bad too. Naruto walked right on the wooden ground.

But it seems that Inari kid is just a quitter. The moment you stop believing in something, they disappear without much question. Naruto thought, soon entering the wood that were practically endless, vast, and limitless.