Chapter 15

Disclaimer : This whole chapter is basically based on PTSD, being attacked and anxiety and relapsing. If this is a trigger, skip this chapter and head straight to Chapter 16. Thank you ^-^

~

Raggedly breathing, I dart down a winding path. My heart hammering in my chest and my stomach twisting and knotting up in pain. My arms and legs feel numb as I run as fast as I can down this never lasting path, a shriek leaving my lips as I turn to look behind me. My breath catching in my throat.

Hazel eyes stare at me. Loud footsteps chasing after me. A sinister chuckle leaving his lips. The male behind me wasn't running... he was walking, taking his time. A smirk playing across his thin lips, his teeth appearing through them as he slides his hand into his pocket.

Not again! Not again! Not again!

I can't!

Biting back a sob, I trip over my own feet and crash into darkness. My heart in my throat as I turn back toward my attacker, his hands now brandishing a knife. A grin on his lips as he towers over me and grabs me by my chin, his big callous hand tightening around my cheeks as I stare at him with tears in my eyes.

My heart stops as he raises his hand, the knife glinting in the darkness before he goes to slash down at my -

"No!"

Shrieking myself awake, I hold my hand over my heart as I take a deep breath, sitting bolt upright wheezing. Whole body tensing up as I look around, trying to bear my surroundings. My heart hammering in my chest as my hands shaking curl into fists. I go to clench my eyes shut, but a picture threatens to flash and I keep them as open for as long as possibly can. Choking back a sob, I curl up in my bed and whimper to myself.

It's okay... It's okay... You're safe... You're safe... You're at home... You're not in an alleyway... You're safe...

Releasing a sob, the scar on my stomach throbs making my insides uncomfortably tighten and my throat close up. Bile beginning to form at the back of my throat as I close my eyes and take a shaky deep breath. Pictures of my nightmare flash in my brain forcing me to open my eyes and stare at my bare knees. Tears stream down my cheeks, choking sobs leaving my lips, my hands shakily trying to rid the tears. I couldn't move... I can't leave...

Seconds later, Sakino rushes in and gently takes my hands in hers. The blue skinned girl sending me a reassuring smile as I break down into her arms and cling to her for safety. Her arms securely wrap around me as she rocks me to and from. The girl letting me sob into his neck and cling to her for dear life.

"I got you, you're not going anywhere, I promise," she soothes, rubbing small comforting circles on my back as I grab fistfuls of her night shirt to make sure she doesn't let me go, "Oh honey, you're shaking like a leaf... I don't think you should go in class today... or babysit the twins for that matter... you're staying home,"

"I - I can't..." I mumble, shaking in her grasp as she holds me close, "I - I can't... h - he'll hurt me again! I can't!"

"(Y/n), I'm here, no one will hurt you, I promise you," Sakino reassures, the girl rubbing my back as she pushes herself to her feet and slowly walks through my bedroom and toward the living room, soothing me as I bury my head in the junction of her neck and shoulder, "We're in the living room, can I set you down on the couch? Need your weighted blanket?"

"I - I... I - I..." I whimper, nuzzling into her as the words fizzle out and my hearts beating so fast that I can't even calibrate. My head feeling light.