Epilogue

Avery Raquel

Avery Raquel

I hear people say all the time what goes up must come down. That's a life lesson that has been instilled in me throughout my life. I lost my mother right after I graduated high school. I lost my dignity when I cheated on Kali with Jamir. Now I've lost my husband not even after a day of us being married.

Losing my husband is something I should've prepared myself for considering the line of work he did. I should've considered the possibility that our children may be left without a father. I remember hearing the shots go off and my heart just dropped. Something in me already knew what was about to happen when I realized that it was Sasha's mother behind the trigger. After Kali killed Sasha once and for all, her body was never discovered. So it only makes sense that she's here for revenge.

No one else was hit that night. She knew exactly who she was coming for and she didn't hurt anyone other than the man who killed her daughter. She had to understand Kali's position though. Sasha was making some dangerous moves that could've got her smoked by anybody. It could've even got her killed at some point. I think deep down she knew that her death was somewhat justified, but I believe she felt guilty her daughter got taken from her before they mend their broken relationship.

That's the thing about karma. That bitch may not show up right away, but best believe she coming! She always strikes when we least expect it. That's where we fucked up. We let our guards down. We didn't think about the possible consequences of taking Sasha out, but we all know it was something that had to be done. If Kali would've went down, the whole operation would've went down. Sasha would've had way more than just Kali to worry about coming after her if her little plan would've carried out the way she planned.

Now I'm here back at what feels like square one. I got two kids to feed and raise. The man who took care of me, loved me, and killed for me is gone forever. So I have to figure out how to do life without him. I've been here before. This time I'm widowed with two kids and I gotta figure out how imma make shit happen for them. I have Misha and Aunt Mel, but it's not the same. Losing Kali killed something in me. I feel like my better half is gone and I owe it to him to make sure our family is good. The only way I can do that is to carry on his empire and keep his name alive. Now that he's left this life, I refuse to let his name die in this one; which only meant one thing.

Back to Sin City.

After fighting with myself on how I wanted to end this story, I'm satisfied. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Thank you for all the reads, votes, and comments! I appreciate all the support, every single one of you!

It's been real, Sinners!