"Gwendolyn?" The girl immediately looked up at the sound of her name. She looked at Isaac Lahey who stood there, looking at the girl with concern. "Are you alright?"

"Isaac." Gwen greeted, offering him the smallest of smiles before moving her feet off the bench, motioning with her head for the boy to sit. She looked at the boy with a gentle smile. "I heard about what happened with your father. Is everything. . . do they know. . .?" Isaac shook his head. Gwen winced at her own words. "Sorry, I didn't mean to bring it up."

"It's alright." Isaac assured the girl. His eyes glanced towards her neck, the place where the bite was supposed to be, but nothing was there. He quickly looked back towards the girl's face before she would notice. "How about you? I know a lot's been going on for you the past few weeks."

Gwen sighed. "I'm. . . surviving. They found Lydia, so that's good. She came to school today, so that's good too. I haven't really had the chance to talk with her."

"Are you coming to the practice this afternoon?" Isaac quizzed. She bit her lip, thinking, before shaking her head no. She had to get home. She had to get there before her father in order to avoid him. In order to lock herself inside her room before he could touch her. The newly turned wolf looked at the blonde, listening as her heart rate seemed to rise, making him frown.

"N-no. I, uh, I have to go straight home after school." Gwen told him, forcing a smile on her face though she could feel the fear creep within her. No matter how hard she tried, she would always be afraid of her father. He listened as heart stuttered in fear at the word home, and almost immediately he understood, because just like Gwen, he had an abusive father and a fear filled home life.

"You sure?" He carefully asked her, placing a gentle hand on the female's shoulder. Her heart rate sped up again, but this time, it was a good thing. The boy had to hide his smile. Gwen glanced at his hand, forcing herself to hide her own smile before she nodded her head.

"Yeah, I'm sure." She softly responded. She grabbed her things, pushing her hair off her shoulder as she stood up. She stopped right in front of Isaac, turning to look at him and giving the boy a gentle smile. "It was nice talking to you again, Isaac. We need to do it more often." With that the girl turned on her heels, walking away but stopping upon noticing a heartbeat that seemed to be going faster than normal. She looked around before realizing the only person even close to her was Isaac. She frowned, quickly turning away and entering the school for her last class of the day. She shouldn't have been able to hear his heartbeat. That wasn't normal. Something was happening to her. Something bad.

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎

Gwen drove up to her house, and her heart stopped beating in her chest upon seeing her father's car already placed in the driveway. She cursed under her breath before reluctantly removing herself from her vehicle and walking up the porch steps. She entered the house and made a quick dash for her bedroom, and much to her relief, her father hadn't managed to grab onto her. Ever since that night when he had broken one of her ribs by throwing her on the staircase―︎said rib now healed without Gwen even realizing it―︎the father and daughter hadn't talked with one another.

Gwen sat at her desk in her room, pulling out her homework and allowing soft music to play from the record player she had gotten from her mother before the woman had passed away with stage four breast cancer. Gwen hadn't known her long, having died when Gwen had turned six. That's when her life turned to shit. When her father started to beat her and blame her for the death of her mother.

She silently sat there doing her homework, stopping mid math problem when she saw a shadow looming beneath her door. She froze, watch as the doorknob twisted slowly before it stopped. She watched her father walk away, making the girl let out a breath of relief. She went back to work stopping once again when she heard the door open. She tucked her hair behind her ear, and found herself trying to listen. And it worked.

"My kids home." Her father bitterly spoke.

"So?" It was a woman's voice. This made the blonde perk up.

"So, I'm not doing this whilst she's here."

"Oh, come on, Jesse. The brat can mind her own business." Her jaw clenched. Was this another whore her father was messing around with? He would just do anything to avoid the thought of her mother, wouldn't he? He would drink, he would sleep around, he would hit her and blame her for everything. She clenched her jaw, glancing out her window to notice it was getting dark. She stood up, walking over to her window and looking down to where she could see the woman. The female, however, didn't notice the full moon that was slowly starting to be unveiled. Suddenly, a burst of anger filled her body, and the urge to claw the woman's throat out took over her. Before she knew it, she was acting on it.

Gwen threw open her bedroom door, running down the steps and stopping as soon as she could see the woman. She snarled.

"Another whore, dad?" She bit. This grabbed the woman's attention.

"Excuse you?" The woman snapped, appalled by her words.

"You heard me." Gwen told her, taking a step forward. "You aren't the only whore that's been in his bed. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's slept with half the goddamn town by now!"

"Gwendolyn!" Her father yelled, outraged. He was quick to slam the door in the woman's face, storming up to his daughter and putting a hand against her throat before throwing her violently in the wall. However, she only laughed. He pulled her up by her hair, throwing her against the wall and pinning her there by her throat with his arm.

"You bitch!" He seethed, gasoline fueling his words. But she only continued to light the flame.

"You just can't handle the truth, Jesse."

Immediately, he punched her, his hand connecting with her cheek bone before he threw her to the ground. He was so violent, and for no reason. But she was enjoying herself. Or rather, the wolf in her was. Almost immediately, her cheeked healed. And her father notice. She stood up, her chest violently heaving up and down. Gwendolyn was no longer there, for now the wolf in her had taken over. And the wolf was angry.

Her eyes started to glow yellow as she cocked her head to the side, smirking. "My turn." Right before his eyes, Gwendolyn ripped into that of a giant wolf, one that was twice his size. And she attacked. And she had no control. No control, whatsoever.

 No control, whatsoever