Chapter 1: Demons

Comincia dall'inizio

To Yuma's great surprise he found, that not only did he enjoy his music class, but that he was naturally very good at it, and had learnt how to play piano and guitar very fast. He had gotten some extra lessons for the guitar from Vector, surprisingly, and to Tori and Shark's great displeasure, to make up for all the shit that he had put Yuma and his friends through. Therefore, when the teacher instructed the class to continue working on their pairs projects, that they had started in the last lesson, Yuma did so eagerly.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the school, in the dance studio, Shark and the other Barians were continuing to put together a performance piece, that the group had started in their previous drama lesson.

"I am not wearing that in front the entire school!" Shark shouted at his sister, as she showed him the design for his costume. "It has tights! I'm a guy!"

"Come on, Reginald," Rio said calmly, "you used to wear this in our past life."

"But this isn't the past!" Sharked snapped, gritting his teeth, "Besides, that was Emperor Nasch, I'm not that guy any more!"

"At least you are completely clothed." Ray said, a teasing glint in his eyes, "I have to go on stage with a bare torso."

"Shut up, Vector!" Shark snapped, "Whose idea was it to do this historical performance based on our past lives, any way?" Ray was already backing up, a mischievous smile on his face, as Rio, Duman and Mizar all looked at Ray. Altio and Girag were too busy trying to contain their laughter, shaking with their efforts.

"It's Ray while we are in school, Nasch." Ray smirked, "Besides, it seemed like the best option, since we already know everything about it. We will certainly stand out, since we are the only group going further back then the 1700s. We can also credit Yuma's dad as our primary source after all."

"Ray I think you should stop." Duman said, noticing that Shark was shaking with rage.

"What, this is his fault for skipping our last class." Ray pointed out, "Why did you skip it anyway Shark?"

"I don't have to tell you." Shark snapped. Just then the teacher came over.

"Now, now, what's with all the shouting?" she asked. Shark calmed down instantly, embarrassed by his out burst, certain that it had been Ray's intent all along. He still got a kick out of winding him up, but Shark couldn't figure out why.

"Shark's just a little shy about showing his legs." Ray teased sounding innocent.

"Ray." Shark growled.

"I am sure my brother is just over reacting." Rio cut in.

"Yeah, sorry." Shark agreed quickly, shooting Ray a dirty look. The teacher walked away satisfied that they had settled things. Well at least Shark wouldn't have to pretend to not be mad at Ray, he thought.

"Anyway, we still need to decide who can help us with the music," Rio said, pulling the group back into the project, "since the music of our time is so different to the music of any era of the last couple hundred years."

"I am sure we will figure something out." Mizar said with a stoic look, "But why don't we focus on the script first, so we'll know exactly what we'll need."

They all agreed and got putting together their performance script, Shark impatient for the class to end, listening for the lunch bell. When it did ring, he sprang to his feet and grabbed his bag before anyone else noticed and stormed from the dance studio, eager to get away from Ray for a while. 

He was half way down the music corridor, on his way to the cafeteria, when he heard it. Piano music coming from one of the classrooms. He slowed down, wondering who was playing. It was a modern pop song. He walked up to the classroom it was coming from and then heard singing.