Under Pressure

A/N: I wanted to say this chapter also has some major character death and does get very graphic in some sections. I hope if I say it's an emotional roller coaster, it does actually turn out to be that. I hope you enjoy it. I'm sorry if I have forgotten to warn you about something in this chapter, but just be aware that this is a bit of a disturbing chapter. Thank you!

It's been getting a lot more intense over the last few days. I've finally succumbed to the power of the high rise. I've gone insane if you look at it from a regular human's point of view. I mean it was obvious that I already am but now there was no doubt we're all fucked.

Oscar and Chrissy aren't dead yet. It's a relief, but a small part of me just wants them to actually die to save me the pain and grief of having to look after them with the inevitability of a quick death.

I was planning to visit Charlotte and bitch about life like in the old days and I took baby Chrissy with me, so Robert and Oscar could have more 'bonding' time together.

I knocked on her door, but no answer. Was she outside?

"Charlotte, it's me. Christine," I said loud enough so she could hear me. The door wasn't unlocked, so I couldn't get in even if I tried. I called out again and finally the door opened.

"Toby..." I said sadly. He was covered in blood.

"You left us," he said sniffling. "You left us Christine..."he repeated.

My eyes widened and I weakened my face getting paler. I walked in with Chrissy. I looked around and saw Charlottes mauled body laying in the middle of the floor. Her hair had been ripped out, cuts, bruises, and scratches all over her. I don't want to mention the position she was in. Her face didn't even look like it was her anymore.

The door banged and I wiped around. Toby ran out. I ran after him and looked down the hall to seeing him running off.

"TOBY!" I yelled worriedly. He looked back at me for a second but continued to run, nonetheless. I held Chrissy in my arms, sitting on the floor staring at Charlotte's body. I made a deal. I was going to protect her. I should've done it. I can't protect anyone but myself. Chrissy starts crying and I coo and whisper sweet nothings into her perfect little ears as I rock her back to sleep. I kiss her head and look back at Charlotte.

"I'm sorry I didn't save you. I know I left you, and that's on me. Most of the deaths around here are on me. Helen's dead she had her kid, Chrissy she called her. I was so important to her that I somehow deserved to have a legacy. I've let you all down. I'm not the immunity you think I am. That's all Robert. It's impressive that I haven't killed the baby yet, but there's still time. Toby ran off by the way. Thought you should know." I pause for a minute, tears starting to stain my cheeks as they ran down. "Richard did this to you, and I let it happen, because I thought that you'd be okay on your own. How fucking wrong was I? How do you be a mum? How? I can't look at her children without thinking about her. Seeing her every time I look down at Chrissy, I see Helen. Oscar and Max called Robert dad... well it's just Oscar now. I can't imagine what it would be like for him. He's the only one left. Chrissy's an exception, she knows nothing about her mum. But Oscar has lost everything. A mum, dad, sister, brother... he doesn't deserve this. He's too young to understand."

My gaze switches between Charlotte and Chrissy for the next few minutes before I speak up again. It's hard talking to a dead body; you have to come up with the conversation topics.

"I think Wilder's going to go after Royale soon... Probably kill him most likely option. I would too. He's saved my life, but I'd still pull the trigger. You know what's just come to me, the first time I moved back in, when Steele, did what he did to me that night. You looking caring about me and being at the first party with Robert. It's been a crazy, well almost 3 months now. Imagine what'll happen in a year. If Royale dies, the building will still continue, it just falls to the wife. But I guess you already knew that. They'll go nuts eventually, like us. It'll be fun to watch... I'm sorry Charlotte. God, I know I've said it before but I really am. I'll end up dead if Royale finds me," I laugh, "look at me being selfish again. Your life's already been taken and I'm talking about how I'm going to live. I don't want to be a bitch, but I need to leave. I can't see you like this anymore."