Chapter 4

After accepting the offer, All Might immediately explained how he was going to plan the "American Dream" before waving goodbye. Since it was Thursday, Deku had one more day of school before he agreed that he would meet with All Might, or Toshinori as they were told to call him when he was deflated.

The next morning, Deku sighed as he pulled his yellow backpack on before Inko gave him a forehead kiss and waved him goodbye. On the way to school, he saw Bakugou, and his instinct of not getting close kicked in. However, the explosive boy chose to walk right up to him and Deku gulped.

"G-good m-morning Kacchan...."

His greeting, rather than being met with a rage of explosions, was ignored as Bakugou went straight to the point.

"Listen, damn nerd... There are 10 months left of this stupid school and there's no point in changing the others. They're not going to change even if they find out you're suicidal."

Deku shakingly nodded in agreement. A change wasn't easy, no matter the person. Even if the adaptation was a life skill, it still takes hundreds to make the same mistake before the lesson is learned.

"Dieing isn't a fucking option. I'm going to be fucking number one and you're coming with me whether you like it or not. You'll still never be better than me even if All Might chose you shit nerd. But... You better be fucking ready."

Deku teared up slightly and nodded.

"Good..."

Bakugou glanced over to Deku who was fidgeting with his fingers and sighed.

"You better make it into UA with me shit nerd..."

"Huh? Kacchan? What did you s-"

"You better train 'till you break dumbass because..."

He paused for half a second before noticing that Deku was looking directly at him.

"I don't know about UA but you ain't fucking dying on me."

With that, that was the last time Bakugou ever spoke to him anywhere near the school.

Even with the blonde no longer bullying him, that didn't stop the more annoying ones of the class from picking on him. It caused Deku to realize that Bakugou was never specifically his bully. The bomb was nothing more than one of the many which basically was the whole school, teachers, and all. And watching the teachers angered the greenette more than anything Bakugou ever did.

The only reason it seemed like the blonde was bullying him, was that he just happened to be the largest impact since they were childhood best friends. Deku's view of his class started to change and as time went by, he had reached a different conclusion.

Katsuki Bakugou, an already feisty child from his family, had awakened his quirk early. Teachers and students alike praised him, boosting his already short-tempered nature with high ego and Kacchan changed with no one stopping him.

Sure, the teachers all the way from elementary school were encouraging, but they were still breaking rules as children weren't allowed to use quirks for the safety of others.

Except that's exactly what they did.

They allowed a child still in emotional development with a temper issue and dangerous quirk to rampage freely. Not only that, they encouraged him since a young age that exploding everything nearby meant strength and that it would make him a hero.

(A/n Don't mind me having a rant, I genuinely hate their school teachers. I mean, the teacher literally HIT Deku for not paying attention? He also knew Deku was quirkless yet made a spectical of him by announcing his choice of high school to the class? AND he's breaking the freaking law because you're not allowed illegal use of your quirk????

And the elementary teachers too! There is literally a cannon scene where all the kids surround Deku and talk about how he's quirkless? Did they not think that's not okay????)

It didn't help that others noticed the strength and followed him around, giving a child of his age a superiority complex as he felt the need to be strong to have friends.

The blonde's issues only piled higher as the kids around him then gave him an inferiority complex as they pushed the blonde to fight stronger opponents to prove his friendship. Deku wasn't sure when it started, but he found that he already had skills developing from observing his surroundings.

His analysis skill was already incredible with his obsession with heroes and then boosted with his need to escape reality, the boy was fully capable of memorizing details instantly and pull precise conclusions out. But even though his analysis was already sharpened by normal standards, Deku found himself being capable of analyzing further. And with his new scope and a clearer sense of sight, he ended up being able to read almost anyone like an open book.

He stared out the window as the people in class ignored him before glancing at his hands. They twitched from an unknown gust of wind as the breeze filled his sleeves, pulling the fabric up slightly.

I should stop cutting myself... He thought, pulling down his long sleeves down moreover his hands. He didn't want anyone else to see.

If not for my sake then for Kacchan's.

More days went by and Deku noticed it each time the kids pushed Bakugou into another fight. The opponents would get beaten up and there was an instantaneous moment of pain on the blonde's face before it became a twisted grin as the other bullies and kids from class cheered.

The sneer had only become more menacing as the teachers laughed too as the whole class ganged up on whoever the fight was against. It did help that it was usually one of the quiet kids.

Bakugou was nothing more than someone with a naturally powerful quirk. He was pushed to be the leader of bullying with no way out. The blonde couldn't stop as if he did, his complexes would scream. The fear of losing the ones he spent his whole life with made him continue to fall down the spiral of self-hatred.

Deku knew that now.

And since the incident, the child knew that bullying him had been a vent for Bakugou's issues but since he was no longer a target, the blonde lashed out more at others.

The class hierarchy broke as both the strong and the weak were being picked on and the ash-blonde found himself in detention almost everyday after school because of this. It did annoy Deku a little though as the teachers were willing to help the others but not him. Although by now, the greenette no longer cared.