Chapter 2

Can that sound please shut up?

Deku's consciousness spun as the sound of a heart rate monitor beeped obnoxiously loud against his left ear. The chatter of voices were all around him before he felt two metal slabs against his chest.

What?

His body heaved upwards against his will.

What was going on?

Once again, his body moved without his consent.

Why is it so loud?

Wanting nothing other than the world to shut up, his ears picked up the sound of doors crashing. The sounds didn't stop as someone started screaming along with another person crying. As it to just make it worse, the chatter of people trying to calm them down only made it louder.

Who's voice is screaming my name?

He didn't even care as he tried to sink back into the peace but with another shock to his chest, he was once again dragged from his peace to the sound of crying. It filled his ears and the boy finally tried to listen for it.

That crying doesn't sound familiar...

Deciding to try and remember who's crying, Deku's heart rate monitor finally stabilized and a cry of relief could be heard.

Oh, that one's mom...

He could almost smile as he heard her cry and he decided he might as well try and stay alive. He should apologize for worrying her since she really didn't do anything wrong in his upbringing.

Another day passed and finally, Deku could feel that his body had enough strength to open his eyes. He tried to move but all he could do was tense his wrist slightly. It seemed to be enough as the next thing he knew, the warmth in his hand suddenly became a grip as his name was screamed out.

".... Mom?"

The hoarse voice was nothing but a whisper but it created the feeling of a warm hand against his cold cheek. The action was enough to coax his eyes to flutter open.

"Izuku my baby...." Inko sighed as tears streamed down her face. Her son smiled back at her before whispering.

"I'm sorry mom."

"Shhh, it's okay," she replied, shaking her head. "We can talk about this later. For now, let's just focus on getting better, okay?"

Her voice was so soothing that Deku felt his nose twitch as some kind of emotion swelled up. He gently squeezed his mother's hand back.

"I will..."

She kissed him on the cheek before bumping their forehead together.

"I'm going to go tell the doctors you're awake now okay? Rest up."

Deku nodded and exhaled slowly. The sound of his mother scurrying out of the room was almost funny before glanced up a the ceiling.

".... Painfully white...." he murmured. His head tilted back to the side and the sound of footsteps getting closer could be heard.

Was someone else in the room?

He was about to turn his head up when a hand covered his eyes. Deku didn't even panic.

"Why?"

It was a rough voice asked. The child smiled as he turned his eyes-covered face towards the source of the sound.

"Hello Kacchan."

There was a silence as Bakugou didn't move. The greenette couldn't see that his face was twisted painfully.