Chapter 5

Wanting to keep away from his bad habits, Deku's midnight walks for smoking and alcohol were now aimless and he walked in the dark with no destination. It was as if he was lost as he found himself heading toward the Bakugou household. The path there was so nostalgic to him as he couldn't remember the last he went over willingly.

Why am I even coming here? It's not like I can just go up and find Kacchan... Why do I even want to find Kacchan?

His thoughts kept spinning in circles as Deku got closer and closer to the house. He used to hate being forced to celebrate there for any special occasion.

Would Kacchan even want to see me? I know he hates looking at me but still... He's nicer now. But what if he doesn't want me around? What if he find me annoying? What if-

...

I here...

Staring at nameplate, he sighed before opening the gate and walked into the back garden where there were a bunch of trees that grew as high as the roof. There was one in particular that was quite close to the balcony and Deku could almost hear Bakugou saying, "fucking creep" to him as he peered into the window.

What he saw shocked him.

The greenette found his eyes watching the ash-blonde thrashing in his sleep and what seemed to be painful flailing. It suddenly became more violent before a mini explosion was let out.

No one else in the house stirred as if it was normal and Deku watched as Bakugou let out a deep sigh before getting up. The blonde then headed to his bathroom to presumably wash off the sweat that built up. After all, one ignite later and he would burn himself up.

It must've been a nightmare... Deku thought as he was quite used to waking up in a cold sweat himself. He sighed before a crazy idea popped into his mind and he found himself texting his mother where he was before exhaling slowly.

My legs are stronger now... And more flexible! It shouldn't be too hard... It's not far...

Deku gulped before readying to jump and closing his eyes, the greenette landed his thin but toned body onto the balcony with a gentle thud. He stood up shakingly before smiling awkwardly at the blonde who had stepped out of the bathroom. Bakugou was without a shirt as he had wiped sweat from his body.

Ruby eyes gave him a look of confusion and then mild anger before stomping over and unlocking the door.

"What are you doing?!" he hissed angrily and Deku scratched the back of his head.

"Well... I was taking a walk to distract myself from bad habits so... I just walked around...? You know, aimlessly? I ended up here so I climbed-"

"Shut up and come inside nerd, your muttering is annoying and it's fucking cold."

Surprised, Deku brought his body into the house and he sat on the floor as Bakugou stared almost condescendingly down at him from the bed.

"So what did you mean by bad habits...?" he sighed and Deku looked away.

"Fucking look me in the eyes and answer nerd."

Deku turned to face Bakugou and when they made eye contact, he couldn't lie.

"Bad habits umm... Buying cigarettes and some not-so-legal things to smoke... Oh, I like the pub a lot. Lots of friends to get drunk with. I help them actually so they pay for me often. Then walk home again...."

The pub was a place where his analysis skill improved the most as Deku started to connect behavior to certain traits. He looked away as if he was ashamed but Bakugou didn't yell at him. Instead, the blonde just looked at his own hands and Deku recognized the look instantly.