Chapter 25

"You're playing." Lisa says, her breath ragged from the paralysing emotions running through her veins.

Jennie shakes her head, her tears not stopping.

"Tell me you're lying!" Lisa yells angrily and Jennie looks her dead in the eye before saying the words again,

"You kissed me in the New Year's party." Jennie says, her voice breaking.

Lisa doesn't say anything.

It's like her brain has been dead from then till the moment that just passed by, and now it hits her. Her brain goes into overdrive and it all comes back to her.

Fireworks. Hazy visions. Jennie.

She's so beautiful, Lisa thinks as Jennie stares at the sky with her gummy smile on display.

"Lili, look at that!" Jennie says, pointing feverishly to a baby blue sky lantern, its center orange because of the fire keeping it floating.

Lisa giggles because she's probably just a little too drunk to really distinguish her emotions. All she knows is Jennie's so beautiful right now, and Jennie's really always beautiful, but right now she looks beautiful with her eyes twinkling.

She loves her eyes, she loves the small wrinkles at the corners of each eye that have formed because of Jennie's big gummy smile that she loves as well. She loves the simple wool sweater Jennie's wearing and how it fits her loosely. She loves how the green sweater makes Jennie's porcelain skin glow brighter than the stars in the sky.

She loves Jennie.

She's so absolutely in love with Jennie.

Jennie laughs too, and that's just another one of the thousand things Lisa's missed out on saying that she loves.

A firework lights up in the sky, booming as Jennie looks up at it and smiles wider.

"HAPPY" it says in all sorts of different colours and another is released into the sky. One that says "NEW". And the last booming sound is followed by Lisa's thumping heart and none of the girls notice the next word because Lisa kisses Jennie.

She kisses Jennie with all the liquid courage she can muster and it's still the most nerve-wracking thing ever. It's still the most magical thing she's experienced, even with the heavy intoxication clouding her senses. Her lips on Jennie's, Jennie's body pressing into hers, and she doesn't even know if they're actually falling off from the rooftop they were standing by or if it's all in her head. Hell, she doesn't know if Jennie's lips starting to move slowly against hers is real either.

But Jennie's heartbeat is hammering on Lisa's chest so she thinks it's real. She's not  deliberate enough to make Jennie's heartbeat up in her head, and she knows it. So it's real.

But it's easier thought than actually believed because Jennie is kissing her.

Jennie Kim is kissing her back.

Oh my god.

Lisa exhales sharply as the memory cuts off right there in her head. It goes to hazy visions that she can't quite disassemble. And it's not Jennie. It's all Rosé and Jisoo handling her drunk self. Maybe. She's still not sure.

"I did. I kissed you on New Year's Eve." Lisa says lowly, still trying to process everything she's not even ready to believe yet.

"You did, like it was the easiest thing to do in the world." Jennie says, sighing softly, but the emotion behind it remains unknown to Lisa.

Lisa says nothing. It's not like it changes anything. It changes absolutely nothing, really. Jennie still arrived to the senior party afterwards with her boyfriend Hanbin. She still kissed him in front of her. Jennie still played her by making her believe she was indeed the only one Jennie wanted, when in reality Jennie was still dating Hanbin. Maybe even still is.

"It changes nothing, Jennie. It doesn't change the fact that you've been playing with me since day one." Lisa says and Jennie sighs heavily, her breath coming out in broken bursts and it disturbs Lisa how much her heart hurts because of the sad sound.

"I promise I wouldn't have done what I did if I wasn't scared. I'm not lying, Lis. Please." Jennie whimpers wiping at her eyes harshly.

"And what the fuck were you so scared of?" Lisa asks harshly, although it hurts treating Jennie like this.

"BamBam."

Again, what?

*****

A/N: Heyyy, I know it's a little too early but 💫HAPPY NEW YEAR💫!!! This 💀cUrSeD💀 year is finally ending and I want to give y'all a virtual pat on the shoulder for how beautifully you have survived it. I hope 2021 is the year you shine like the star you are 🌠💞 Thank you so much for your support and for 55 followers! Don't forget to vote and comment if you like and share this story with your friends! Love yaaaa 💫💓