chapter 8: a daring rescue

Start from the beginning

"Commander Tano?" I forced myself to hold back tears as even the one who knew me fired on me. I chopped him in half and I couldn't contain it anymore, the only ones who could possibly remember me by that name, that long ago was the 501st. I was battling the 501st. No,
I was killing the 501st.

"EVERYONE STOP!!!" Most of them stopped but kept their blasters firmly in their hands.

"It is me, Commander Tano! Your Commander! Don't shoot I repeat don't shoot! I do not wish to fight any of you. At one time, so long ago we all were the best of friends. We risked our lives for each other every day on the battle field. I can't tell you how many troopers in this room have saved my life before. I also can't tell you how many troopers in this room I had personally saved from parishing. I don't want to hurt you guys, but if you fire, I won't hesitate! I will do it!" Someone stepped forward and took off their helmet.

"Jesse" He fought beside me since the beginning, but almost destroyed me and Rex at the end.

"Commander I-Im sorry. For everything." He turned back towards his men.

"Men listen to me she is not the enemy, she is a h-"

"NOOOO!!!" I screamed as someone shot him in the gut. He fell to the floor. I fell to . is side and grasped his hand. He was choking from the blaster Holt that pierced his chest. It's fives situation all over again.

"Co-commander."

"Breathe Jesse, breathe!" He choke dagaij.

"Commander you aware a hero. Don't ever let... anyone... tell you any... different." He was dead. The very last person in the 501st who actually had some speck of loyalty in their bones was gone. Forever. And now I have no choice. I must defend myself or face the consequences. And I'm not planning on dying today. I held my saber in a reverse grip and prepared for heavy fire and possibly to be shot. Hopefully just the first one though. No one fired I heard a voice whisper something. All I could make out was 'vader', whatever that was. Finally someone shot and more after him. I blocked them perfectly but stopped shooting the blaster at them. And I made sure I never took out any of them. I would occasionally force push some of them to give me a break but they'd always get back up again. Just like the boys used to. Oh wait they are the boys- right. Forgot about that for a second. They kept coming at me until finally all of them stopped firing in sync. Suddenly the alarm started blaring. I felt something coming towards me. Something cold. It was coming, he was coming.

Ventress's pov
This is my rescue party, me an old dathomirian and sith warrior with two 8 year olds with me. Yes. 9 years ago I was battling in the intergalactic war and now I'm freeing children from a cell. Yes. This is what my life has come to. We were almost there, literally a couple more steps.

"Alright Ezra, do your job." A trooper passed us and I was about to blurt out an excuse but he didn't even stop to look at me. He just ran down the hall to where we came from. Then more ran down the hall and more and more and more. Oh no Ahsoka, what did you do. The alarm started blaring. I have a bad feeling about this!

"Move it along Ezra." The little girl sassed. Finally he got it. The door slowly slid open.

Luke's pov
I was beginning to give up hope. But when the old guy in a dark suit and mask left because there was an 'important issue in the main hanger' I knew immediately who it was. I tried my best to look terrified and it worked he left. Suddenly the alarm started blaring. No doubt it was my sister and aunt. They're always getting into trouble. Suddenly my door started opening. I saw a stormtrooper and panicked.

"Chill out child! We're here to save you." She activated a yellow light saber that was hiding within her trooper armour. She cut me loose of my shock collar and hand cuffs.