Chapter 12: Don't Do This

Hey guys! What do you think of the story so far? The stupid doctor in the first chapter, idiot. Anyway thanks so much for reading, and hey, tell you’re friends. Right, so if you guys think there’s anything I can put in my story to make it better I would love to hear it! Thanks again!

~Katie

*Three Weeks Earlier*

~Harry’s P.O.V~

I ran past the others, my heart racing and fear screaming throughout my entire body. She had been in an accident. Amy couldn’t stop crying the entire way towards the hospital. Her cab had collided with a tour bus at a red light, and locals who had witnessed the accident called 999.

 I was now rushing to the service desk where a rather large woman in oval shaped frames sat typing away on her keyboard. I was breathing heavy by the time I had reached the desk and tears were threatening to fall. The girl that meant so much to me could be terribly hurt, and I didn’t even get to tell her how much she meant.

 “Where’s Katie Grimms?!” I yelled at the woman.

 She looked at me from over top of her glasses with a frown. “Sir, I ask you not to yell.”

 “Where is she?!” I repeated, hoping she would hear the urgency in my words.

 She sighed, as she began typing away on her keyboard, and then looked back up at me with a frown. “There’s no one by that name, though there is a Katlyn Grimms. Is that who you mean?”

 “Yes!” I said practically screaming at the top of my lungs. I need to be with her, and all this nonsense was just wasting my time.

 “She’s in room 369, in the ICU.” She replied, and then returned her gaze back to her computer screen.

 She’s in the ICU?! She’s in the Intensive Care Unit!

 My heart stopped, thinking about how bad she could be. How bad could she be? I didn’t see the accident, so I couldn’t possibly know, and horrible images kept flooding into my brain as I thought about it. What if I never get to hear her voice again?

 “Harry, where is she?” Louis asked.

 “She’s in the, the ICU.” I said, in a bit of a daze.

 I heard a gasp as I turned around to witness Amy burst into another wave of tears. Zayn was doing his best to comfort her, but how can you tell someone it’s going to be okay, when you really don’t know yourself?

 We were all pretty shaken up about it, but Amy had to be the worst of us all. Even Rachel wasn’t crying as much as Amy was. I could understand how Amy was feeling, but I didn’t know how to respond. It’s like I was in a bad dream. Everything was happening so fast that my brain just didn’t have time to process everything.

 “Only one visitor is allowed in the room at a time.” The woman behind the desk said, not bothering to look from her screen, as if she could care less that someone so close to us might be…I don’t even want to say.

 “We understand.” Liam replied, his voice cracking at the end. He was close to tears, and Niall was doing his best to keep him from going over the edge.

 Niall was one of the closest people to Katie, and yet he hadn’t started crying. I don’t know if he’s just trying to hold it in, or if he’s trying to be strong for everyone.

 Louis put his arm around me and began leading me in the direction of the ICU. The whole time we were walking towards it, I could hear Amy muttering under her breath ‘please be okay’ over and over again.

 I looked at the wall as we passed by the rooms looking for the number she was in. 364…365…366…367…368…369. I stopped in front of the doors as did the others. I looked at them and Louis nodded for me to go first.

 I put my hand on the door knob and turned it. The door made a creaking sound as I pushed it open, and as I shut it. The room was dark except for a dim light that illuminated a figure lying in the hospital. It slowly moved up and down to the tempo of the machine beside the bed.

 I walked over to the bed and stood to the left side of it. Katie looked so broken as she laid there. She had a cut on her cheek bone, and her bottom lip was busted. She had a bandage on her temple and beneath her right eye was another cut.

 Her image became blurry as I felt the tears form in my eyes and start to stream down my face. I began hiccupping as I continued to look at her battered and broken body. I took her hand in mine and it felt cold and clammy, as if there was no warmth left in her.

 Why did this have to happen? Why couldn’t it have been me?

 I began to let out loud sobs as I squeezed her hand tighter. I felt like it was my fault some how. Like there was a way I could have kept it from happening, but I didn’t.

 Suddenly I couldn’t hear the steady beeping of the machine next to her, and it was replaced by a long solemn beep. I felt more tears fall as I squeezed her hand even tighter, hoping the noise would go away.

 Two arms grabbed a hold of me and began to drag me out of the room as nurses and doctors filled into the room.

 Don’t do this.

 I could hear Amy sobbing in the hallway, and the sound of the doctor yelling ‘clear’ and a loud electrical noise. I watched as her body arched off of the hospital bed as electricity was sent through her body and she fell back, the long beep remaining.

 Don’t do this.

 Again the doctors repeated the process. Her back arched again in a way that was too painful to watch, but I couldn’t tare my eyes away as I waited for the constant beeping to start again. Again she fell flat.

 Don’t do this.

 I was set down in the hallway with the others by the male nurse who had grabbed me. I tried to make my way back into the room but I was pushed out, and grabbed by Louis to keep me from moving.

 The door shut and I watched from my place in the hallway through the window, as they tried to revive her once more. There was no change. The doctors looked at each other with worried expression. The doctor said something to one of the nurses, and she nodded in response.

 “What happened?” Liam asked. His eyes were red and puffy with traces of tears left on his cheeks.

 I shook my head, I couldn’t bring myself to speak. I knew I wouldn’t be able to get the words out. I quickly brought my attention back to Katie after not being able to answer his question. I witness once again as her back arched and she fell to the bed once more.

 Please, don’t do this.

 Yeah guys, I know it’s short, but this is kind of a filler I guess. I just wanted you guys to kind of know what happened in the hospital, but trust me I’ll have a better one up soon enough, so hope you like this crap chapter. Thanks for reading.

~Katie