Chapter 5- Kaisers' House

The Monday I arrived home, My mom was at work and my dad was in the basement in a business meeting.

It's weird to see my old room. I've only been away for 4 months but it feels like a lifetime. I'm the first one to go home, everyone else is leaving tomorrow so I'll probably invite them all over.

"Kaiser!" My mom shouts from downstairs.

"Ma?!"

"Wa nibi! "

I go downstairs and my mum is cooking.

"Mmmmm it smells good," I say hugging her, "When did you get home?" 

"I've been home for a bit."

"You work too hard ma."

"What else is there for me to do?"

"True, Is dad done working?"

"Yeah, he's setting up the table." 

That evening at the dinner table, I finally get to catch up with my parents.

"This year is the Christmas party at Aunty IJ's?" I ask, eating my food, "I haven't seen her in time."

"No its actually here this year," My dad responds

"Oh yeah, we forgot to tell you!"

"What?! YESSS, It hasn't been here in years!"

My mom chuckles, "Me, I'm not looking forward to cooking."

"Maybe Christian can help cook?"

My dad looks up alarmed, "Christians spending Christmas with us?"

"His brother isn't coming home so it's just him and his Dad," I explain, "I didn't think you would mind."

"Don't mind him, He is welcome!" My mum shoots daggers at my dad.

That morning I had so many miss calls from Christian.

Still extremely tired I call him back.

He picks up, "Hey Bubu,"

"Yeah?"

"Did I wake you?"

"Yeah kinda."

"Sorry, I just wanted to tell you I won't be coming home today."

"Why?" 

"There's been a snowstorm so no one can come, Lexi and stuff are staying at my apartment."

"Christmas is tomorrow though..."

"Yeah, so I will have to spend Christmas here."

"Ughhh, I wanted you to meet my family."

"I know, I wanted to meet everyone too."

"It's okay, I guess I'll see you when I get back."

He Blows me a kiss through the phone, "I'll call you tomorrow."

"Bye Bubu."

I'm slightly disappointed that he's not coming and all my friends will be together without me but I can't dwell on it cause it will ruin my Christmas. I spend the day in my room because both of my parents are at work and I can see loads of snaps of them having a good time.
Lexi sends me a video of them all taking shots and I spot Ria in the back laughing with Christian. Why would they invite her? I'm not trying to be that jealous girlfriend but we really don't know her from anywhere so why does she tag along.

Christmas morning I'm incredibly excited to see the rest of my family. Especially my cousin Bemi, she was literally my best-friend growing up.

Kaiser and Bemi: