Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirteen

Start from the beginning

I rip open the packet and shove a piece into my mouth. I chomp away contently; preparing it for the bubble blowing I'll be doing the minute it's ready.

I plonk my butt on the edge of Drew's desk, singing and chomping loudly to get on his nerves.

I blow a bubble and then pop it with my tongue, chewing it like a cow.

"Mony you're not a cow" Drew points out.

"Well it's a good thing my name isn't Gertrude then"

Drew looks at me weirdly, then turns back to the computer.

I stop chewing my gum to belt out the next part of the song when a huge book comes flying at me.

Before I can do anything to save myself, the book collides with my side, forcing me to the floor.

I shriek and land on the floor on my butt with a thunk.

Drew's head appears in front of me, his teeth biting his lip to keep him from laughing.

"Mony are you okay? I can't believe that book shelf decided to throw a book at you" Drew says, faking concern.

"Ha-ha, now help me up" I order, crossing my arms and glaring at him.

Drew sighs loudly and lends me his hand. I smile and take it, but instead of pulling myself up, I pull him down.

Drew lands on the floor beside me after being taken off guard. I smartly then grab the book that 'attacked me' then whack him with it.

Drew glares at me as I try desperately to hold in my laughter.

I shrug and raise my eyes brows innocently. "Sorry, muscle spasm"

Drew rolls his eyes and stands up, this time not offering me his hand.

"We can go home now" Drew announces.

I jump to my feet and fist pound the air "Mission accomplished"

I race out the door and down the hall to the entrance, while the other police officers here this time of night stare at me weirdly.

Drew follows me out, pulling on his coat as we go.

I spot the Ute and bolt towards the car. Drew not noticing what I'm doing, unlocks the car. I jump into the driver's seat and fasten my seatbelt.

Drew walks over to the door and opens it, in slides his butt in and before he can seat on me I shout,

"Holy cow, don't crush me" I throw my hands up, pretending to block my head, then I shove Drew over into the passengers seat, snatching the keys out of his hand.