The more Joochan waited for her response, the more convinced he was that the woman was numbed and helpless. If she could think calmly for at least a few seconds, she could remember why she was there.

"Church."

"Church?" the Chief repeated.

"Banseok Church. I am close to Banseok Church. Please help me. Please... Please help-"

Suddenly, the call was cut off.

Her strong airy breaths were quickly replaced by a beeping tone in his headphones. The only thought Joochan had was that whoever she was running away from had finally gotten her. The suspect could have ended the call for her. That idea alone made Joochan freeze.

Seeing Joochan stall in his seat, the Chief spat in anger and glared at Joochan.

"Yah! What are you waiting for?! Call her back!" the chief demanded.

"Yes sir!" Joochan reached out his hand towards the machine when he began to hesitate.

What if the suspect had not found her yet? What if she was still hidden and the call was disconnected due to her shivering hands? What if Joochan called her back and it gave away her location to the suspect?

"Chief," Joochan muttered weakly, reconnecting their gazes on one another. "I think-"

His hesitation took the Chief enough time to cross the office floor and reach his desk. Without a second lost, the Chief pressed the button for Joochan.

The ringing began and Joochan's doubt became true.

Her cellphone rang loudly that she hurried to hold her phone in both hands, pasting it closely to her ear.

"Please help me."

Joochan held one side of his headphones, pressing it harder on his ear. "I'm sorry that the call was disconnected. I know it's hard but can you repeat the name of the church?"

"It's Banseok Church. Please help me."

"I heard you, Banseok-"

Joochan paused, because her breaths were silenced out of the sudden. She was forcefully holding her breaths, followed by the dreading sound of a footwear grazing the wet floor.

No, her footsteps were too soft but due to his incredible listening skills, Joochan could pick it up.

She was not wearing any footwear. It was her naked feet against the cold tarred ground.

And the fact she was moving, Joochan believed her location was not a secret anymore.

The suspect has already found her.

Her footsteps grew louder, telling Joochan she was taking big yet slow steps.

She then stopped. Joochan continued to remain silent, listening to anything exchanged between the woman and the suspect. The impatient senior was looking disappointed at Joochan's lack of urgency and he decided to call out.

"Miss, are you there?" the Chief spoke.

Swift wind brushed in, joined by a loud bang as though her cellphone was dropped. Joochan jerked at the loud sound, causing the Chief to fidget and step closer to his junior.

"What? What is going on, Corporal Hong?!"

"Yeobseyo? Yeobseyo, are you there, Miss? Miss!" 

Joochan continued to call her through the speaker of her phone. His hand was getting sweaty as he gripped his headphone, trying his best to capture any sound.