Osano Najimi [Thursday's Event]

[3rd POV]
'He's not who he says he is,' the message read, Ayano frowned at her phone. "What are they even talking about?" the young woman grumbled.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Ayano and the brunet strolled side by side on the way back home, taking a glance at Taro she thought, 'He's...different from anyone I've ever met,'

Then looking down at their intertwined hands, Ayano stopped forcing him to stop as well. The brunet furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "Senpai, could you stand right here for me?" a bit of an odd question but he released her hand nodding.

Walking ahead to a good distance, the young woman turned to meet his gaze. 'So I was right,' his eyes seemed to be filled with nothing, just a moment ago they were filled with life but now those eyes seemed hollow, lifeless...empty.

Ayano motioned him to come closer, following her unspoken words she watched as those grey eyes fill as he got closer, "What?" she accidentally blurted out. "Is there something wrong?" Taro questioned, "O-Oh it's nothing," she gave a nervous chuckle.

Taking his hand in hers once again, cars honked and passed the two young adults who were walking in comfortable silence. 'I always knew there was something different about him but I still don't have enough proof of that, I might as well leave it for now,' she concluded.

Taro walked his bride-to-be safely home, she waved wishing for him to get home safely. After he left and she got into casual wear, she got a text from an unknown number which brings us back to this moment.

"He's not who he says he is? Who even is this?" Ayano huffed and then places her phone down; she scoffed hearing the notification of her phone indicating the person hasn't given up on talking to her.

The wind blew past the curtains as she muted her phone not wanting to have a conversation with someone she doesn't know. Heading to her bed, she decided to take an early nap when the brunette fell asleep, rustling came from her closet not loud enough to wake her, and the intruder successfully came out of the closet.

Staring at the small girl sleeping, her back turned to them. They grinned at the sight, stepping to the other side of the bed to see her calm features, moving a few strands of her hair out of her face.

"You're beautiful my love," a low stoic voice sounded out, it belonging to Taro; it comes as no surprise he left for home and came back just to watch her sleep, but after hearing that little conversation with herself, he became a little more cautious with his actions towards her.

At this moment, the apathetic young man wanted to taste the soft pink lips of his woman, but he reframed from doing such things. He'll have to wait until he confesses to her, if she accepts him then they'll live happily ever after but if she rejects it, the results will end the same except the young lady will be in his basement instead of watching movies with him.

"We'll be together soon enough my darling firefly," he whispered in a sweet tone while caressing the unconscious woman's cheek, "I'll make sure of it," he promised to her before quietly taking his leave.

Ayano stirred in her sleep, groaning and making the brunet freeze, glancing back he saw a tiny smile had formed on the female's lips. He chuckled to himself before leaving through the window.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Taro, when's your birthday?" Ayano asked taking a bite of her homemade lunch, "It's on August 7th," the redhead beside her answered for the young man. Osana invited Ayano to sit with her, Raibaru, and Taro since he was too nervous to do it himself.

"Oh really?" the brunette questioned, she nodded then her eyes watched as Taro was distracted by the fact her older brother was here too, Osano, the orange-haired tsundere chuckled seeing that Taro saw him as a rival.

Osano didn't notice the ongoing glare of the other male as he ate, distracted by the fact he had convinced the dark-haired girl to go on a date with him, while he was overjoyed, Taro was overly irritated by the fact.

All the stoic man wanted to do is rip this immature brat's heart out, though he kept his poker face on and gave an emotionless stare.

Remembering their earlier dialogue about going to the movies together and Osano's need to take a nap, Taro poisoned his bento with a sedative, to make him oversleep into missing the date.

As if on cue, the redhead felt a bit dozy and promptly excuse himself from the group to go to the nurse, everyone except Taro was sad because of his early departure but waved him off nonetheless.

Ayano's eyes met the other young man's who stared straight at her, she shifted in confusion and he reacted with a smile which she gladly returned.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Just as Taro predicted Osano did oversleep making the brunette sigh, not wanting to wait any longer. She took her time to leave the school premises by herself, not before spotting the other brunet upfront; 'What a coincidence,' she thought to herself before jogging to catch up with him.

To think it was just a mere coincidence was laughable.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

After another event was sabotaged, Taro yearned to steal the place of the other male and be the one to take Ayano to the movies instead. It took some time but he eventually asked her, which took the woman by surprise but she accepted his proposal neither way.

The two walked hand in hand to the bus stop, most people mistook them for a young couple in love which made Ayano blush every time an adult came up to ask, and Taro, well he didn't mind one bit.

In his mind, all he could think of was, 'She'll be more than my girlfriend soon, I'll marry this woman, even if it kills me,'