chapter 09.

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

THE SMELL OF MINT

patches stuck on players' bodies enveloped the whole gymnasium, making me nauseous for a second. The squeaking of shoes and palms slapping those balls that slam right against the rubberized court filled my ears that somewhat made me a little bit energized to see how they play.

How the Fukurōdani boys' volleyball team play.

Don't get me wrong, I know how volleyball works. I was a manager of a team when I was in middle school but I don't know how to play. I can't even receive a ball! What if it hits my face?!

"Y/N," Keiji called as my heart hammered inside my chest.

I slowly turned around. "Yes?"

"Y-You can sit here," he pointed at the bench, not looking straight.

"Oh, thanks." I smiled at him before bowing at the manager and the two coaches leading the team. I didn't know they got a manager, but they welcomed me with warm greetings and I immediately felt comfortable, close.

"You're classmates with those two?" Their manager pointed at the ace and the setter on pair.

I nodded. "Yup!"

She chuckled. "I see. But, it's my first time seeing you here. Did Bokuto force you to watch them practice?"

"No, no," I shook my head, smiling. "I was the one who insisted."

Keiji started warming up, doing relays around the gym as I tried to steal glances. His hair swaying with the wind, how those droplets of sweat stream down his neck, his stoic face that made the whole view perfect—dammit!

I should've brought my water. My throat starts to get dry.

"Oh, I see. Anyways, do you know how to manage a volleyball team?"

I blinked twice. "M-Manage?"

"Yes, manage. Well, I have a group project with my classmates today but since I'm also the manager of this team, I excused myself that I'll be late. But, since you're here, do you want to sub me for a bit?"