Pouring Your Heart Out

Start from the beginning

"Kind of like at a debutante ball." I try and clarify.

"I grew up in foster care."

"Okay, well they had stairs, didn't they?" I question him. "So you're gonna meet her halfway down."

"How do you know all this stuff?"

"One of my aunts has been around for more than a thousand years. This kind of thing is her jam. And my mom grew up in this town doing the Miss Mystic Falls pageant and a lot of charity events."

"So, what I just stand here?" Rafael questions me.

"Then you take her arm." I instruct him but he looks at me like I'm insane. "Sort of like you're putting yours on top. Yeah, like that. And then you descend together." He leads us to the center of the gym. "And now you bow."

"Yeah, you're messing with me."

"You think this is bad? You know it's only gonna get worse, right? Lizzie Saltzman has been planning her sweet 16 since she was five. You should have thought twice before asking Josie to be her date. Lizzie is going to make it miserable." I tease Rafael and he looks at me confused.

"Uh...well, I didn't ask Lizzie..."

"Wait you're going with Lizzie?!" I yell at him.

"Uh, yeah she asked me and now I can't turn her down."

"Why?"

"Because I slept with her, Hope." My heart breaks because I know Henry is in love with Lizzie. "Is there a problem?"

"Uh just...my brother Henry, he was under the impression he was going to be Lizzie's escort. And uh..." I lead Rafael in a simple waltz. "I just can't believe you slept with Lizzie Saltzman."

"Look, I was mad and she was there."

"Where was she?" I ask him.

"I went to the gym to blow off some steam and...she was there so..."

"Ugh." I groan knowing this is only getting worse.

"I didn't say I was proud of it." Rafael defends himself. "And you're leading." He spins me out and pulls me back in.

"You're officially a gigolo." I comment and he lets go of my hands.

"Thanks for this." He shakes his head at me and starts to leave. "I guess I'll see you at the party."

"No, you won't."

"So, what you're just gonna stay in your room alone while everybody else is out having fun?" He questions me.

"Yep, works for me."

"Bullcrap. Everybody needs a crew."

"Kind f ironic coming from the reluctant alpha." I argue with him.

"Okay, well the pack is one thing, but a crew is a crew. You know what? I had that in Landon until you sent him away."

"We're back to that?"

"I'm just saying. It's one thing to be cool with being alone, and then it's another to want to be the lonely girl on purpose."

"As opposed to Mr. Good Guy, who's taking a girl who you had pity sex with to her own party and you don't even like her. A girl who my brother is head over heels in love with and you just...you just used her." I fire back at him.

"You know what, you're right. lesson learned." Rafael heads to leave for good this time but a barrier blocks him.

"What the hell?" I rush over. "Barrier spell." I mumble. "Fantastic."