Fox Girl's Greatest Fear

Start from the beginning

A few moments later, the six of them were distracted by a fascinated Yuqi who apparently shrieked at the top of her lungs.

“What’s wrong?” Soojin’s voice asked.

“I just found a cool looking bug,” Yuqi then replied. “I remember seeing this as a child and I don’t think we have these back in Korea.”

“We don’t see bugs because we’re inside the dorm pretty much all the time,” Shuhua’s voice said as-a-matter-of-fact.

“What kind of bug is it?” Minnie asked as Y/N she saw her ample figure approach the pair gathered around the corner of the pool.

“I’m kinda scared of bugs…” Soojin remarked.

This might be a good chance. I hope Soyeon seizes this as well.

“Why don’t we place it on the tiles? I don’t think it’s comfortable near the hot water,” Soyeon suggested as if reading Y/N’s thoughts telepathically.

“You think so, unnie?”

“I think so. I mean, it came from the hotter rocks right? So I guess it walked all the way here because it’s not comfortable or something.”

A brief moment of silence ensued followed by a combination of gasps and shrieks amongst the six of them. The next thing Y/N saw was Yuqi’s figure clamping something inside of her hand as they all walked out of the pool and towards the doorway. He then saw Soyeon turn towards him and gestured for him to move away, signalling the opportunity for Y/N to grab.

“Miyeon –unnie and Soojinnie why don’t you take your hand phones so that we could take a picture of it?” Soyeon suggested once again.

“I definitely want to take a picture of that. It looks like a stick! Get the cameras quickly!” Minnie teased as she too joined the group of Yuqi and Soyeon.

The ever flowing steam waters were loud enough to cover Y/N’s steps and splashes as he rushed away from the boulder, climbing towards the side rocks which were less illuminated thanks to the spacing of the lanterns.

If I continue going to where the water’s coming from, maybe at some point I would see where the spring splits and hopefully, HOPEFULLY the path splits towards where the men’s bath is supposed to be. But this path of rocks would soon thin down… I’m sure somewhere at the far end I need to step on the water, he thought to himself.

He took one last glance towards the group only to see Minnie and Yuqi still occupied with the bug, and Soyeon carefully eyeing him with her eyes set on everything Y/N was doing. He then pointed towards the water source and hoped that Soyeon understood his escape plan.

---

I eventually reached the end of the long sidewalk of rocks and at this point I no longer have any doubts of them seeing me. I was pretty much on the darker side of the bath that I was sure I was a 100% hidden from their sight. I was concerned before that one of them would take a lucky stare at the water spring and see the bare butt of a man wading through the rocks and trying his best not to slip.

But then I face another struggle; I just realized that the spring path were so design such that as the water flows down, its heat gets reduced along the way. I can already feel how hot the water from my location, and I’m sure the temperature would definitely get higher as I approach the source of the spring.

I dipped my toe on the running water to test my theory, and the temperature was still tolerable but it is definitely hotter than the one on the spring. It felt like a freshly done coffee left on the desk for a few minutes. At this rate I doubt I could handle the heat further up the stream.