I have a question but I'm too afraid to say it out loud. I think he expects an answer from me though because he's looking at me and staring at me like I'm dumb or something.

He motions his hand over at me to speak probably because he saw the way my lips curled into my mouth to keep silent

Mustering up the courage to speak, I ask. "So...like...now that you've kind of explained your side of the story." I trail off feeling awkward for asking, "Can I go home? I'm way past curfew and my parents don't know where I am?" I ask hoping that he just has mercy on me and lets me go.

Ooh please have mercy on me! Take it easy on my---shit--focus Karma!

Jesse looks at me in confusion as he begins to stare at me again. His mouth opening but no words come out, "So I just confessed to you that I am not only apart of a gang, but I run it, You've watched me kill someone twice but this one you were actually sober enough to remember it, and now your biggest concern is whether or not I'll let you go on time so you can get back to your parents?" he shakes his head.

"Well, technically it wouldn't be on time. I'm sure they're probably deciding my punishment as we speak."

"Oh yeah and what would that be? You give up your phone for the weekend?" he laughs casually throwing his head back as some hair falls onto his forehead in the process.

"Actually no. I'd probably have to wake up earlier on Saturday to clean the whole house and I probably wouldn't be able to leave the house ever again for any after school activity even though they already grounded me from leaving to do anything at all so."

Jesse snorts out another laugh as I hear footsteps coming down the steps and my heart drops at who I see.

I see Ryan and some other guy walking slowly down the steps. Ryan rushes and pushes the other guy out of the way when he sees I'm awake.

"Oh my God! Karma! I'm so glad you're ok" he bends to my level in this chair and squeezes the life out of me. "I don't know what I'd do if you died on my watch. Paola would skin me alive if she knew about any of this."

I shake my head and try to shrug him off of me as I look at him in confusion, "You are going to tell her about this situation you got going on right?"

He turns his head to the side and backs away from me slowly, "Umm..." he trails off.

"No. He won't and neither will you." Jesse cuts in. "Did you not hear anything I just told you?" He narrows his eyes at me.

"Well yeah but that's practically his girlfriend!"

"Practically doesn't mean official and even if they were official I'd still say no."

"If he doesn't tell her and she finds out later she'll be crushed," I say

"Well good for me." he says "One less person to worry about," he mutters lowly.

"I don't understand how you don't care for anyone but yourself---" I cut myself off as I feel my stomach start to grumble and I realized I forgot the most important thing.

"Where's my food!" I shout in disbelief that I haven't eaten all day.

They all look at me in confusion for the billionth time tonight before the other guy who I have yet to learn the name of says, "Oh yeah the box of Chinese you dropped when you hit your head! Yeah, good lookin' out little mama. I tore that shit up! I was starving and Jesse--" he looks at Jesse accusedly before rolling his eyes, "--Forgot to tell the housekeeper to go shopping again." he says before going back on his phone, "I honestly thought you weren't gonna wake up again though."

I drop my head and sigh as I feel tears threatening to come out of my eyes. Call me a baby all you want but I really do treasure food and this imbecile really ate the only food that I was counting on when I get home. If I get home.

Speaking of which, "Can I go home now!" I almost whine "If tying me up is punishment for watching you all kill someone trust me when I say, my parents are Nigerian immigrants and will definitely handle me when I get home." I reason with them trying to get them to leave me alone and let me go home but Jesse's other friend, who I've decided that I'm just gonna call him Scooby since he wants to eat all my damn food and be a fatass, can only sit there and laugh at my pain.

"Wait what? I thought you were Hawaiian?" Ryan says and I almost groan out loud as Jesse starts laughing again.

"You've already missed curfew so why don't you stay awhile?" Jesse asks and as I go to speak he cuts me off, "Not that it was a genuine question. I'm keeping you here overnight. You've seen too much and I need to make sure you don't try to call the cops if I just let you leave right now."

"You think I'd call the cops and admit myself to the police that I witnessed a murder, twice, so the rest of your gang can fuck me up whilst your prison? Are you dumb?"

"Oh. I like her." Scooby says nodding his head, chewing on his gum with his mouth open "I see it now, Jesse."

Jesse freezes and looks up at him as I try to decipher what he meant by that. Quickly looking back at me, I raise my eyebrow at him in question wanting to know what he'll do with me.

"Cy, go order some food." Jesse gets up from the chair and goes to a closet in the back of the room, I think we're in a basement, he opens it and grabs a pair of sweatpants and a T-Shirt. It's most likely his and he chucks it at me as it lands on my lap.

Raising both my eyebrows he says, "Change into that. You're staying here." and he goes to walk past Scooby and Ryan as he walks up the stairs and they follow him.

I look at my current situation and sigh loudly, "Well it's gonna be pretty hard to do since I'm still tied to a chair, jackass!" I yell in their direction hearing Jesse walk down the stairs slowly as he stops a few inches from me and sucks his teeth before walking behind my chair and undoing the ropes.

I'm totally getting sent to Nigeria now. There's just no avoiding it.
————
Uh oh :/