[Chapter 3]. The Beach

Start from the beginning

"Gomen'nasai, for his rudeness. That's how he is when newcomers arrive." Ann said before making her way out of the room. Another young girl came in with what looks to be a swim dress. Two representatives watched her every move.

A bright turquoise, black hem swim dress was presented in front of her. The straps went around the neck. You can see some cleavage wearing this for sure.

"Does it come in black?" Setsuna's left eye twitched.

"No." The one girl said.

"Get me a black sweater then," Setsuna ordered and now she was left alone.

She sighed as she walked to the bathroom putting on the bright coloured swim dress. The length went down to her upper thighs. It was loose silk, very soft fabric and thin.

As she walked out her heart was beating twice as fast. Mira held a smirk looking at her.

"Once a player. Now forced to be one, how long do you think you'll crack? Hmm... the Hatter is onto us–"

"You mean your plan. Whatever you're even thinking? I don't even want to be here. I won't say anything about what the Borderlands even is or how to leave. I don't care anymore," Setsuna reached for the door but Mira had a conniving smirk.

"You'll regret it here. Growing attached just to see them all die like your former teammates." Mira turned around to face her. Setsuna stopped and was about to say something just as the maid returned handing her a sweater.

"Arigatō.." she put it on and left the room. Setsuna wondered how Arisū and Karube were doing.

Mira was very deceiving. Her wicked ways can get everyone killed.

As she was so lost in thought she nearly tripped over someone. "Watch it, cretin!" A man with a huge sniper rifle gun growled in annoyance. Alongside his two other comrades glaring darkly at her. Setsuna said nothing and proceeded with her walk.

"Ignorant bitch." The young man said in a whisper like tone.

Setsuna looked so lost and confused with the whole hotel charade. She made it to the main lobby and saw a lot of people walking around talking.

Then she saw him.

Chishiya Shuntaro.

She glared but he didn't see her. Or so she thought, she quickly turned towards the pool area. She wanted to know where her weapons were at.

Who to ask?

Mira wouldn't tell her.

Asahi? Momoka?

They are acting as players and normal people here in the numbers. The executive board most likely wouldn't tell her.

"This is not a Utopia... an escape from reality?" Setsuna stopped and looked around ignoring the loud bass blaring in the background. Loads of people were cheering and having the time of their lives.

"Ah, yes it seems to be a work of art the executives worked for?" That voice. That annoying voice she loathed.

"Why don't you get lost,"

"Well, it seems that you look lost. Oh? You seem to have lost a few things of yours?" His eyes travelled down the sides of her.

A young woman with some small pen cap or round vaporizer hung out of her mouth. Setsuna didn't know what it was and ignored her presence.

"Where did they take my weapons?" Setsuna sighed and sat down on a beach chair.

"The militants handles weaponry. Probably somewhere in the east wing." Setsuna was lost in her thoughts. East wing?

"If I participate in more games. I need my Wakizashi and Tanto. I could care less about this place. Everyone here suppressing their depression." She held her composure and hung her head low.

"You're specialty is clubs and spades am I correct?" The girl spoke up catching Setsuna's attention. She didn't say anything but that was an easy answer to get obtain.

"I'm Hikari Kuina," she announced her name as if Setsuna cares.

"I'm on my own for this one. I don't need any help." Setsuna recalled Mira's words.

You'll regret it here. Growing attached just to see them all die like your former teammates.

Could she be able to handle it?

She walked away from the two. Chishiya on the other hand was growing fond of her stubbornness. Even her personality was quite an attraction.

Tonight is a club game.

"I'll participate."