Wedding day

( Hey Guys sorry I wasn't posting I Kinda lost interest but I am back don't forget to comment about your thoughts on how the story will go and your thoughts on the story itself!!)

Elara's POV

The morning of my wedding day unfolded like a finely choreographed dance, with every movement carefully orchestrated to create an illusion of joy and celebration. As I sat before the vanity mirror getting my makeup done, the air was thick with the scent of expensive perfume and the hushed whispers of the bustling bridal preparations. The room buzzed with anticipation, and my reflection in the mirror wore a painting of a bride about to embark on a new chapter dictated by familial ties and traditions.

My younger sister, Jennie, moved around the room like a shadow, her eyes darting nervously as she adjusted the folds of my wedding gown. 

Jennie approached me, her movements hesitant, as if she were stepping on fragile glass. Her eyes met mine in the mirror, and for a moment, a glint of unease flickered in her gaze. I sensed something was wrong.

"What's on your mind, Jennie?" I asked, my voice soft but laced with curiosity.

She took a deep breath, her hands fidgeting with the delicate lace of my veil. "Elara, there's something I need to tell you. Something important."

I turned to face her, the weight of the wedding gown settling around me. Jennie's eyes portrayed a mixture of fear and guilt, an unusual combination for someone who had always been the definition of a carefree spirit.

"Jennie, you know you can tell me anything. What's going on?"

Jennie hesitated for a moment before finding the courage to reveal her secret. "I accepted Dad's offer. I'm going to be actively involved in the family business."

The room seemed to freeze. Time itself halted, and I stared at her in disbelief.

"What?" The word escaped my lips, a mere whisper of shock. It felt aifis something had shattered around me. Everything I spent my whole life building around her to shield her from that lifestyle came crumbling down.

Jennie's eyes welled with tears as if she carried the weight of a thousand secrets. "Dad made me sign contracts, El. I'm in this, whether I like it or not."

The revelation hit me like a thunderbolt. Contracts. The very word echoed in the caverns of my mind, carrying the weight of consequences and decisions made without my knowledge. Jennie, my sister, had willingly walked into the web of our father's schemes.

"You did what?" My voice rose, edged with anger and disbelief.

Jennie's composure shattered, and she burst into tears. "I didn't want you to face that lifestyle alone. El, it's me and you. how could you possibly expect me to watch you get into something we always hated."

A surge of rage boiled within me. My fists clenched, and I struggled to contain the storm of emotions. My father, the puppet master controlling our lives, had found a way to manipulate even the most defiant child out of us.

"You should have told me!" The accusation spilled out, laced with the bitterness of betrayal.

"I never asked for your sacrifices, I don't care about my life, Is the life I'm giving you not enough?" I looked at her frustratedly running my hand through my already prepped hair.

"Miss, please don't do that." The hairstylist rushed over to me and tried to fix my hair.

Jennie looked at me with eyes that begged for understanding. "I couldn't burden you with this on your wedding day. I thought I could handle it. I thought I could do this for you."

"Jennie, you don't get it. The mafia is not like some book club, you don't just 'join' it. You are putting your whole life and everything we have built down the drain."

"He made me sign some contracts, and put my name on some of the businesses." She sobbed out.

"You have to be fucking kidding me." I paused to take a deep breath. "Jennie, I thought I taught better than this. Why would you sign contracts in your name without letting anyone know?" 

Jennie's shoulders slumped, and her tears fell like silent confessions. "I'm sorry, El. I never wanted any of this. I thought I could handle it, but it's breaking me."

"Hey it's okay, I'll figure something out." I held her shoulders. "I'm sorry El." She cried.

"No, don't apologize, I shouldn't have yelled at you. I'll fix it don't worry." I pulled her hand and led her to the makeup tables. "Let's just get this day over with, I promise, everything is going to be fine. Trust me, I'll fix it."

"Okay." she wiped her tears.

Jennie and I were getting ready until we heard a knock.

when the door opened it was...

(I am sorry for posting such a short story but don't worry I will be posting more. NOW WHO DO YOU THINK WAS THE ONE AT THE DOOR DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT WITH YOUR THOUGHTS I WOULD APPRECIATE THAT BYE!!!)