Letting go - Felix *angst*

Quick tip: before reading, put on before you go by Lewis Capaldi for an extra (probably extra sad) effect.

Before you go. Felix finally put the song on again after an entire month, in the hope somehow it could give him some healing, yet the lyrics hit just a little too much to home. The tears were already rolling down his face at the memory of you. He used to listen to this song ever single day for hours when he couldn't find you at home, at work, or anywhere. You had suddenly vanished.

It was only a week later when he suddenly got a call from your mother, finally getting some sort of an explanation. How happy he was to find out you were alive and safe, but how quick the hope disappeared when he heard you weren't doing well at all. He learned how your mind was clouded, dark, taken over by the thoughts he never knew you had. He couldn't help but blame himself for it.

If he had known earlier about how you really felt. You always smiled so happily, so sweetly, looking so genuine, but how much you were hurting under the service. Your mind made you feel horrible, like you weren't worth of Felix, who always loved you so much. It killed him how your mind made you feel so worthless. If only he knew, maybe there was something he could have done, something he could have said, anything to make you stop hurting.

Every moment replayed in his head. As the song had finished, he once more picked up the last picture you had together. The both of you smiling. Was even that smile a lie? They said times heal all wounds, but this won't. He wiped his tears away, picking up the phone to dail your number for the last time.

So, he thought, before you go, let me at least make you smile one more time, genuinely.