I'll Need to See Your ID

Start from the beginning

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, good for me. He probably won't come now. I practically ran out and managed to smile at his shell-shocked face."

Am claps her hands in excitement. "Tonight is going to be so fun."

I sigh and perk up when I see two guys come in. They look around and one with really pretty blue eyes stops when he sees me. He hits his more ordinary friend and they both walk over to us. The guy with pretty eyes and dark blonde hair stops in front of me. "Harper?"

I'm speechless for a second. I wasn't expecting him to be so good-looking. "Uh, yeah, Daniel?"

He gives a charming smile. "Yeah, this is my buddy Craig. We have one more coming. She should be here soon."

"We have one more running late too."

My eyes drift to the Craig guy to see him practically drooling over Am, who's only concern is examining her nails. When I see her nails, I'm reminded of mine and I glance down, frowning at the dirt underneath them.

Ugh, I should've cleaned them.

Am flicks back her hair and I bite my lip wishing I had dressed up a little nicer like her. She's in a pretty casual dress while I'm in skinny jeans and a loose grey shirt.

At least I did my hair.

I pick at my fingernails and Daniel notices. "Did you do some work outside."

I flush a little. "Yeah, I helped out my friend's parents with their lawn. Pulled weeds mostly."

Among other things.

He smirks and cups his hand over his mouth trying not to laugh. I cock a brow and all attraction I felt for the guy vanishes in that instant. I put my hand on my hip. "Don't know why that's so funny. I reserved two lanes for tonight and once the last two get here we'll get our shoes."

My thumb points behind me to the desk where the shoes are at. He steps a little too close to me and picks up my hand kissing it. "Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. I just thought it was cute."

Charmer...

The guy makes me a little uncomfortable but I'm blushing despite that. The sound of someone clearing their throat gets our attention. I turn to see Owen standing there with his arms crossed looking very irritated. The kiss crosses through my mind again and my blush deepens as I take my hand immediately out of Daniels.

I thought Daniel was attractive, but Owen puts him to shame right now. His snug dark blue shirt shows off his chiseled perfection and my chest tightens as he eyes Daniel, who raises a brow. Owen holds out his hand and introduces himself before I can.

"Owen Samuels."

Daniel shakes his hand. "Daniel, nice to meet you. Are you a friend of Harper's?"

Owen grips Daniels hand a little harder before he let's go. "Good friend."

Daniel nods and his eyes shift behind Owen as a pretty tiny girl comes up to us. "And this is Jackie, my sister."

Jackie smiles and shakes my hand. "Well you're definitely Harper. It was easy to pick you out with that flaming red hair of yours."

Daniel points to the bar. "Anyone thirsty?"

Jackie nods as does Craig, while Am, Owen and I shake our heads no and wait while the others go to order. Owen steps close to me causing my body to heat up. "Should I get us some lanes?"

"I already did it." I say glancing at him then quickly look away.

"You paid for it?" His voice is unhappy, "How much do I owe you?"