"His Maze was nothin' but girls..." The friend spoke, making me turn my head and furrow my brows.

   Minho raised his eyebrows, "Really? We only had two. One of em's stubborn as hell..."

   "Hey..." I leaned back and flicked Minho in the back, making him smirk at me. Yes, Mae was stubborn at times, but we all loved her. Adored her actually. I knew for a fact that Minho thought of her as a sister. So did Tommy as well. I guess all of us were on edge when she wasn't around.

The boy also smiled and shrugged once again, "Some guys have all the luck."

   Yeah, they do, I thought.

  "Good evening gentlemen. Ladies." Jansen's voice called out throughout the crowd. He was holding a clipboard in his hands, and waiting for everyone to calm down and for the room to be quiet before he continued with whatever he was saying. I thought it to be quite weird that he always waited for something. Whether it was to get us out of the room after we finished eating, or wait for it to be quiet. Either way, I thought he was weird.

   "You all know how this works," He continued, making me shift in my seat, "If you hear your name called, please rise in an orderly fashion. Join my colleagues behind me." He motioned to a few people who waved.

   I looked at Tommy and shifted uncomfortably in my seat again. Maybe Mae was wherever this Jansen guy was reading off names. "They will escort you to the eastern wing. Your new lives are about to begin," He finished with the same creepy smirk that he gave Mae on the way to the showers. People seemed to be looking at her a lot. Maybe it was because they saw how beautiful she was, or maybe it was because they knew something we didn't. If I really thought about it, I was probably just as confused as them. Why did they send Mae up in the Box in the first place? Things started changing after Tommy showed up, and when Teresa came, she had all of these bloody clues with her. Why would they put someone like Mae in there?

Granted, we all appreciated her more than anything. She was probably the best thing that ever happened to me besides getting out of that horrible place. But it was a bit strange that she was given weird looks by everyone. Even Tommy gave them to her when he got through the Changing. Alby too. And, her name was on a WICKED screen. Maybe she was just...special.

   As he was calling out names, I turned to Tommy, "Hey, have you seen Mae at all?"

   Minho overheard and locked eyes with me, "You haven't seen her?"

   I shook my head, "Not since she left with that weird guy..." I looked down at Thomas, who was staring at the table, deep in his thoughts. I nudged his arm, making him look up at me, "Do you know where she is?"

   "No." He answered, "Haven't seen Teresa either."

   Suddenly a loud groan sounded throughout the crowd, and Jansen started to speak again, "Now, now, don't get discouraged. If I could take more, I would," He looked right at us again, "There's always tomorrow. Your time will come. Go on, eat up."

   "Where are they going?" Thomas asked, curious. The guy who's name I still didn't know started clapping, along with everyone else in the room.

   He turned around and faced us, "Far from here. Lucky bastards."

    I almost slapped him at his vagueness. Almost. But I just rolled my eyes and pushed my food around with my fork, suddenly not wanting to eat anymore. The only thing that my mind was being worried about Mae. Well, she was the only thing on my mind a lot of the time, but especially now, since I didn't know where the bloody hell she was. This facility was huge. There were probably hundreds of places she could be. For all I know, something bad could've already happened to her.