Chapter 9: Forgotten Ways

Once they step up the steps, it leads the back to the top of the ruined Palace and they continued along their path, "Sheva, here more ammo." she said offering her clips. "Thanks," Sheva said to her and took the clips from her, reloading.

Chris then signals them to stop and they did, he peeks out and looks at the area ahead of them, seeing the Infected were swarming the area and atop the palace crowing light was reflecting off the energy from the sunlight and formed a deadly ray. "Impressive... They appear to be focusing sunlight into a laser-like beam." Sheva informs them as they pull back into cover.

Annabelle then looks back out, "We can use the walls and passageways as cover to push forward." she informs them, then Sheva looks back at the door that was locked, "Let's investigate that door before proceeding." she informs him.

He looks back and nods at them then pulls out his sniper. "Okay, you two, check the door, I'll try and pick the Infect off, clearing the way ahead." he informs them, "Roger," Sheva said as the two nodded at him. He then peeks out of cover, aiming his sniper, and began picking the Infected off.

Sheva and Annabelle stood in front of the locked door and investigate it, "Bolted shut. Can you get it open?" she asks her and Annabelle just looks at her, "Even I have a limit." she states, making Sheva sigh. "But look at this," Annabelle states, getting her attention and Sheva steps back. "We're going to need three slates to open this door up," she informs her and Sheva looks out at the Infected.

As Chris was picking them off, moving forward, and took cover from the deadly sun laser. "And they're with the Infected?" she states and Annabelle looks back at her, "You have to ask," she states and they both hurried after Chris, they kept clear of the beam shot and hurried up behind Chris. "The way ahead is almost clear," Chris informs them as he reloads, then Annabelle looks back and saw a few of the Infected guarding an alter Furness. "I'll double back, there's something I need to see," she informs them. Sheva pulls out her gun and fired at the Infected. "Hurry back, we need to push forward," he informs her.

Annabelle nods at him, "Sir, yes sir. Back in a flash." she said to him then flash-steps away. Sheva peeks out and fired at the infected, Aiding Chris in his assault on the Infected.

Annabelle appears, kneeling in the center and the Infected scramble back as they look down at her, she held her katana in her hand as she slowly stood back to her feet, rose her head, eyeing the Infected that surrounded her, but she took her stance, her katana by her side and she held the sword pointed out.

The Infected snarled and hisses at her, but she only grins to herself, they then charged at her as she flicks her eyes to the side and slices at the incoming Infected.

Chris and Sheva hide in cover as the sun ray swoops past them, the danger diamond magnifier as they fired at the Infected in front of them. But the two quickly turn down a hall as it leads them to the far end of the room, right next to the ray.

As the last of the infected fell, Annabelle pants slowly to herself then steps towards the forge and took the slate from the slot. She looks down at it as she then immediately remembers where she recognizes the shape. "Interesting," she mutters then pockets the slate then steps towards the stairs, but she stops right at the top and looks down as more of the Infected began to swarm.

She stood there, momentarily. Her hand on her hip as she twirls her blade in her hand, "I've killed hundreds of you. What's a few more thousand." she mutters to herself, twirling her back down and stood ready for them as they charged right for her.

Firing at the Infected as they ran, making it up to an edge, Chris aims his gun and fired right at the stone casting the laser and killed the Infected that held it. Cutting off the sun laser. Once it was calm, Chris reloads his gun and pressed on. Annabelle flash-step next to them and they looked at her.