Chapter 8: Ruined Palace

Josh slowly drove the boat inside the cave Irving informs them off, they looking at the dark cave walls, seeing everything was good and in character. "So this is the place he talking about," Chris states as he leans back against the edge, Then Sheva flicks her eyes to Annabelle as what Irving said to her. It was still rattling her.

She flicks her eyes to her hands and then back to her, "What Irving said." she stares Annabelle flicks her eyes tight at her. "About what happened to you..." she states, Annabelle sat up, crossing her legs, and set her hands down in it. "Did he tell you I was once one of their operatives? The best?" she asks her.

Sheva flicks her eyes over to Chris momentarily then she looks back at her and nods, "They raised me since I was 7, taught me how to kill, how to be strong, brutal, heartless, calm, collective and how to always have a plan within a plan. The pain I was subjected to... it was too much. So I buried my feelings deep down and became numb all my childhood, through my teens until I was almost a full-grown adult." she informs her.

Sheva just looks at her in shock. "You completely shot of your emotions? How?" she asks, Annabelle grins to herself. "Years of practice," she answers and looks ahead. "Wait... you see that?" she asks and Sheva looks ahead as well then she spotted something familiar sitting at the docks ahead, making her stand to her feet. "That's the boat the woman used to get away," she informs them.

Chris looks back at the boat and saw it was the exact same boat when they were chasing Irving through the oil field in the Marshlands, Josh drove the boat right up behind the other boat, Annabelle stood up as Chris steps onto the docks followed Sheva, then he turns back held hid hand out to Annabelle. She took it and he pulls her right onto the docks. "So, you three are really gonna' go through with this?" Josh asks and the three looked at him.

Annabelle steps forward and nods "Yes." Chris answers him, "This is not just about Jill, but the Uroboros Project as well." Sheva informs him. "We must see these through or the whole world will suffer," Annabelle adds in as well. Josh just sighs as he looks at the three. "I guess there's nothing I can do to stop you," he states, Annabelle just smiles at him. "I will call HQ and try to get the withdrawal order rescinded. I will also try and get you back up. Try not to get yourselves killed." he informs them.

Sheva shot a look over at Chris, who smiles and nods at him, Annabelle looks back to there the dock leads and back to him, "Understood." she answers, Josh then turns the boat around and drove towards the entrance of the cave, he then looks back at the three of them and held his thumb up then as out of the cave.

Once he was gone, the three stepped down the dock and headed up them, leading them into a shed. "That name Irving said, Excella..." Sheva states as Annabelle looks away, "Heard it before?" Chris asks her. "That's the name of the director of Tricells African division." she informs him ad Chris looks right at her, "Do you think she could be connected to Irving?" he asks her. She shrugs at him as they step through the tunnel. "It's possible. But I don't have any proof," she informs her.

Annabelle shot a look over at them, "You don't need any." she states, and the two look at her. "Excella is the type of woman that would sell her own children if it meant she would have both money and power. She's attracted to men like that," she informs them, Chris arches his eyebrow at her. "You sound like you know her," he states.

She just sighs "Let's just say on several occasions I've crossed paths with her, I have never resisted the urge to brutishly murder someone before." she informs him, he huffs and looks away. "Tricell... if there is a connection what does that mean for Africa?" he asks them, "When it comes to infected the populous, nothing good." Annabelle answers him. "But if we keep going, we're bound to find out," Sheva informs them.