All the rumors that he said he's heard about us kind of have me freaking out though. There are some kids that go to my school who has parents that are friends with my parents. African parents tend to dish on what their kids are doing and compare one child to another so I can only imagine the kind of response I'd get from my mother if those rumors somehow got back to her.

"Karma! My second eldest daughter! We uproot our lives and come all the way to America just for you to now come and put shame on our family's name and shack up with somebody who does the gang-banging! Where did we go wrong with you?! The devil is a liar!"

I would never live it down. Even though I'm a junior and almost done with school, I'm convinced they would still find a way to ship me back to Nigeria and make me thug out the rest of high school over there.

They'd probably disown me and claim Ruthie as an only child yet still claiming me on just their taxes alone.

The rumors definitely are swirling though because I've had a few girls give me some really gross death stares even when I said excuse me because they were blocking me from getting to my locker. A few did move out the way, well they jumped out the way, probably in fear that I'd get Jesse to kill them or something. As if I really even hold that kind of power.

When the school day ended and the bell of dismissal rang, I sighed in relief that another day was over.

I really wished I was a senior. You know how they say high school is the best four years of your life?

Well, I pray to God that that's not the case for me. I can't be someone that peaks in high school.

I'm staying after school for a drama club meeting.

I joined the club because Sharpay and Ryan made it seem fun in high school musical and I didn't mind composing songs and pieces for the plays. I'm classically trained so I know how to play the piano and violin.

I was sitting on the stage with my backpack on the floor as I was sat on the bench near the piano.

Based on the play they want to put on, it doesn't have the best ending so I'm trying to write the song that reflects the story they're trying to tell perfectly.

The project is kind of a year-long thing so I'm not trying to rush at all.

After the meeting we had, I called my dad and told him that I'd be needing a ride but he told me that he was caught up at his own meeting at his job and that If I wanted a ride from him that I would have to wait a while.

It's almost 6:30 and I'm not waiting. I can't call my mom because she'd get too pissed at me for not asking her for a ride before I left the house this morning. So if I call now I'm only gonna hear a bunch of complaints and I'd rather not.

Considering that it's not too cold outside I thought it'd be best If I just walked home. It's not too dark and I think I'll be able to get home before the streetlights turn on.

Stepping out of the school and I walk out of the front parking lot and begin my journey as I walk home.

After walking for five minutes I start to get hungry. I was thinking back to the fact that I didn't even eat the lunch at school today and I didn't pack any lunch to use for backup because the food they typically serve at school is disgusting as hell.

And then I thought back to the fact that If I go home, the most I'll probably have to eat is either jollof rice or, if I'm feeling a little special, I could eat rice and tomato stew. Not that that makes me feel special considering it's literally just white rice and some extra stew added on top rather than being mixed altogether like Jollof.