Daiguren Hyourinmaru

Toshiro froze, watching intently. Captain Ichimaru had also been praised as a genius for how quickly he had graduated from the Soul Reaper academy. Toshiro had heard all about his zanpaku-to Shinzo, and the incredible speed it possessed. Going head to head against it would likely end in Toshiro's death. But what was Captain Ichimaru doing here? Shouldn't he be at the execution grounds? Toshiro could see Captain Ichimaru talking to Momo. He focused on him doing his best to read his lips since he couldn't hear what was being said.

...someone I want you to see. He wanted to take Momo to see someone? Toshiro was wondering how Captain Ichimaru had known to look for her here. Had he been followed last night? No, he was sure he hadn't been followed. Then Captain Ichimaru may have sensed her spiritual pressure when she released the kido barrier. That was a possibility. Toshiro decided that for now it didn't really matter how he had known to find Momo here. What was important was that he wanted her to follow him somewhere to see someone.

The whole thing smelled like a trap to Toshiro, but Momo in her emotionally unstable state, seemed to have agreed and was following him. Toshiro made sure his own spiritual pressure was masked before following after them. Unfortunately he made the mistake of staying in the streets instead of being up on the rooftops. He rounded a corner a nearly walked into Lieutenant Kira.

"Ah, Third seat Hitsugaya. I need your help with something. Follow me." Lieutenant Kira starting walking in the opposite direction that Momo and Captain Ichimaru were going. Toshiro's instincts were screaming at him that something was very wrong, but as a third seat he was compelled to obey an order given by a Lieutenant. Perhaps he could finish whatever the task was quickly and then return to Momo. But would it be fast enough?

"Is something wrong Hitsugaya?" Lieutenant Kira asked. Toshiro turned around.

"No sir." He followed the lieutenant for several streets mentally keeping a lock on Momo's spiritual pressure. So far there had been no change which gave him comfort. But then the lieutenant took another right turn. This would have lead them in a meandering circle. Toshiro's suspicions returned, and his heart filled with anxiety. What was going on? Why weren't Captain Ichimaru and Lieutenant Kira at Sokyoku Hill where they should be? This didn't make sense.

"Lieutenant Kira where are we going?" Toshiro asked. He was careful to keep his voice neutral adding a little note of curiosity at the end to hide his suspicions.

"I need your help with an errand just up here," the Lieutenant replied. He pointed in the direction they had started at. Toshiro knew that Lieutenant Kira was only trying to delay him. For what purpose he wasn't sure, but he knew he needed to break away and get back to Momo. This all seemed like an elaborate ruse to separate them and Toshiro didn't like what that implied. He slowly fell a little bit further behind, making it look like he was just a little distracted looking around at things.

Then he suddenly made a break for it. He didn't hesitate throwing himself full force into the fastest shun-po he could muster. He leapt across the rooftops towards Momo desperate to reach her before whatever these two were planning could occur. He could hear Lieutenant Kira chasing after him, but he didn't dare look back. He had no idea which of the two of them was faster, but he didn't want to risk getting caught. Momo was in no state to take care of herself and he needed to make sure she was all right.

"Raise your head, Wabisuke!" Toshiro spared a glance over his shoulder to see that Lieutenant Kira had indeed released his shikai and was still pursuing him. Toshiro knew he needed to do something. Lieutenant Kira was a skilled Kido user as well. If Toshiro wasn't careful he could get caught, but if he attacked a lieutenant he could also face severe punishment.