Us

Us

The year 2040, for the first time in Mankind history, Humans have reached deep space. The astonished 5 man crew of the Ares 3 mission stared out of the enormous circular windows as the spaceship entered new territory.

A new sense of darkness engulfed the spacecraft as it headed deeper into space, the billions of stars light years away appeared so small yet so bright, just like fairy lights in the distance.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" whispered Alice, one of the astronauts onboard, with her face pressed against the window, "so dark and empty, yet beautiful".

The Ares 3 is made up of 5 astronauts from 5 different countries, united together in search of a new habitable planet and Extraterrestrial life. The only spacecraft to ever make it through the Hawking's wormhole, succeeding the previous 2 Ares missions, which both ended up getting crushed along with its crew half way through the wormhole.

Ares 3's first stop is the long ago discovered Kepler-186f exoplanet with its parent star. The earth-sized exoplanet loomed out of the darkness with its star behind it as the spacecraft approached it. The familiar blue and green colours on the planet's surface reminded them of home. The gigantic star behind the planet blinded the crew as they cruised away from the planet's shadow.

Suddenly, a tiny object was spotted in front of the star, like a tiny spot of dirt on a laptop screen.

The Ares 3 crew jumped out of their seats as the object grew bigger as the ship came closer. It took them just a few seconds to realise what it was. An alien megastructure. Gigantic solar panels can be seen surrounding the star, absorbing the energy directly, transferred to the planet. But most importantly, there were aliens.

"Houston! Houston we have visuals!" cried Maia as the spacecraft got even closer.

"The telescope!, use the telescope Janos!"

The crew, expecting excitement and joy from Janos, received the opposite reaction.

Janos recoiled in horror at what he saw.

"what did you see?? what are they?" asked the crew mates

Quietly and as pale as a human being can be, Janos replied: "they're us." 

- Idk about this one but if you guys like it i might do a part 2 or some sort of a follow up to this thank you!🥰