35│WE WERE ON A BREAK!

Mulai dari awal

"Oh boy, do I feel bad," Phoebe sighed once the door closed.

Joey nodded sadly. "Oh yeah."

"Chandler what are you doing?!" Phoebe gasped when she heard the sound of a lighter.

"Chandler!" Monica yelled when they saw him smoking a cigarette.

He paused and looked down at the cigarette in fake shock. "Oh my God!"

"So we're smoking in front of them?" Veronica asked before she lit her own cigarette.

"Ronnie!" Joey huffed as he stared at her in shock, "You two are smoking again?!"

"Well, actually, yesterday we were smoking again. Today we're smoking still!" Chandler joked.

The two had quickly gotten back into smoking after Ross and Rachel's near-constant fighting post-breakup. Chandler had lit a cigarette one night after he and Veronica finished having sex and she needed little to no prompting to join him.

"Why would you start again after chewing all that quitting gum?" Phoebe whined disappointedly.

"Look, I'm telling you this is just like my parent's divorce, which is when I started smoking in the first place."

Monica's eyes widened. "Weren't you nine?!"

"Yeah," He nodded nonchalantly, "I'm tellin' ya something, that ah, first smoke after nap time..."

Before they could continue discussing their smoking any further they were cut off by a knock on the door.

"Oh that's great, with my luck, that's gonna be him," Chandler huffed as he went to the door.

"Him? Him, Ross?" Phoebe asked.

"Nope, hymn 253, His Eyes Are On The Sparrow!" He scoffed before he paused, "When my parents got divorced is when I started using humor as a defense mechanism."

"Hi!" Rachel grinned as she rejoined them, "Uh, do you guys have plans for the weekend? Because I have my sister on hold, and she said that we could use her cabin for the weekend and go skiing. Huh? I'm asking you first, right?! I mean I'm playing by the rules," She rolled her eyes.

The friends all nodded excitedly. "Absolutely, yeah!"

Rachel's eyes widened. "Ronnie! Chandler! You're smoking? What are you doing?!"

Chandler froze and glared at her. "Hey, shut up! You're not my real Mom!"

"Awe, sweetie," Veronica cooed and wrapped her arm around him.

Chandler nuzzled his face into her hair and Joey watched the two with a glare.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Veronica had been forced to join the rest of the friends at Ross' apartment Thursday night. The friends had spent days convincing her to come and just leave early to meet up with Rachel for the Calvin Klein show. She'd only agreed when Chandler had brought it up one night when she was too tired to argue.

"Hey, can you close that window Chandler? My nipples can cut glass over here!" Joey complained as he shivered.

Chandler and Veronica were forced to sit by the window to smoke. There was only one chair so she had to sit on his lap with her arm wrapped around him as they smoked. Joey had been trying to get them to stop for the last half hour because of how jealous he was getting.

They'd been giggling and whispering to each other the entire time they were smoking together.

"Wait. Really?!" Phoebe gasped, "'Cause mine get me out of tickets."