12│VALENTINE'S DAY BONFIRE

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"You can not do this," Monica begged as she, Phoebe, and Veronica walked into Central Perk.

"Do what, do what?" Rachel asked as she passed by the three with orders she hopped she was taking to the right table.

"Roger wants to take her out tomorrow night," Monica grimaced as the mere mention of the shrink Phoebe dated.

Rachel's eyes widened in disdain. "No! Phoebes! Don't you remember why you dumped the guy?"

"'Cause he was creepy, and mean, and a little frightening," Phoebe paused before she huffed, "Alright, but still, it's nice to have a date on Valentine's Day!"

"That was not a date," Veronica pursed her lips, "That was a sad little man with a big, big mouth."

"Besides Phoebe, you can go out with a creepy guy any night of the year. I know I do," Monica frowned at the mention of her dating life.

"Well, what are you guys doing tomorrow night?" Rachel asked the guys as they joined them on the couch.

"Actually, tomorrow night kinda depends on how tonight goes," Joey smiled confidently as he glanced at Chandler.

Chandler paused and ran a hand through his hair. "Oh, uh, listen, about tonight...

"No, no, no, don't you dare bail on me," Joey cut him off with a glare, "The only reason she's goin' out with me is because I said I could bring a friend for her friend."

"Yes, I know, but her friend sounds like such a..."

"Pathetic mess?" Joey finished for him knowingly, "I know, but come on, man, she's needy, she's vulnerable. I'm thinkin', cha-ching!"

The girls gave him disgusted looks before Rachel threw a bread roll straight at his head. Since this was Joey he simply picked up the bread roll and took a bite out of it. Although, he did offer Veronica a bite first to which she slowly shook her head 'no'.

"Thanks," Joey smiled at Rachel before he turned back to Chandler, "Look, you haven't been out with a woman since Janice. You're doin' this."

Chandler rolled his eyes and leaned back into his seat with his arms crossed. He clearly wasn't happy with being forced to go on this date but he'd do it for his best friend.

"At least you have a date," Veronica huffed at him, "This is the first Valentine's Day I'm spending without a date since freshman year in high school."

"What?!" Monica gasped in shock, "So you've basically never been alone on Valentine's day?'

"Mhm," She pouted and Joey wrapped a comforting arm around her and gave her a squeeze.

"Midnight pizza?" He asked her and smiled when he saw a small smile make its way onto her face. The two had begun an on-and-off tradition where they'd meet up in Joey's apartment at late hours of the night for midnight snacks, sometimes going as far as ordering pizzas and meatball subs. Sometimes Chandler joined them when they woke him up with their laughter.