47│THE BROKEN HEARTS CLUB

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Chandler drunkenly stumbled into the hallway outside his apartment. "Slut!" He yelled as he tripped over the step, "You will all be very happy to hear that Kathy is sleeping with that guy!"

The friends stared at him in shock as he tumbled into the girl's 'new' apartment. "What?!"

"So you were right?" Ross asked in disbelief.

He'd gone with Chandler to see Kathy's newest play where he'd gotten the suspicion that she was cheating on him with her co-star. As it seemed, he'd sadly been right.

"I confronted her, and she didn't deny it!" He huffed before he finally noticed where he was and paused, "I don't live here!"

"Chandler!" The friends called after him as he stumbled over to his apartment.

"Chandler, what did she say?" Rachel asked desperately trying to make sense of all of this.

"Are you sure?" Monica asked, hoping it was just a misunderstanding.

"Well, I may be drunk, but I know what she said! Then I went over to Beefsteak Julie's..." He trailed off, knowing that didn't sound right but unable to remember the actual name.

"Beefsteak Charlie's?" Veronica suggested slowly.

"Yes! See you and I have always been like-" He haphazardly motioned between his head and hers to explain his point since he clearly couldn't put it into words in his drunken state.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry," Veronica cooed softly as she wrapped a comforting arm around him.

"She... is a devil woman!" He cried, "Y'know I mean you think you know someone and then they turn around and they sleep with Nick! Nick, with his rock-hard pecs, and his giant man-nipples! I hate him, I hate her! Well, I don't hate her, I love her," He sighed, "This is all my fault really."

Phoebe's brows furrowed as she rubbed his head. "How? How is it your fault?"

He shrugged, ever one to blame himself for everything. "Because I-I should've called! Y'know if I had just called her after our big, stupid fight, she never would've gone out with Nick, and they would've ended up in bed together. I threw her at his man's nipples!"

"Honey, this is not your fault," Rachel sighed as she hugged him, "Just because you guys had a fight, it does not justify her sleeping with someone."

Ross stiffened and quietly said. "Well, if-if she thought they were on a break..."

He cut himself off when all the friends turned to glare at him.

"Can you please not make this about you and your failures," Veronica snapped.

"But-but you make everything about you all the time," He defended with a frown.

"But I do it in a classy way," She rolled her eyes, "And I have a flair you completely lack."