𝟬𝟬𝟱.

𝗨𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗗𝟢𝟢𝟧

𝗨𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗗
𝟢𝟢𝟧. 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗆𝗈𝗆 𝗋𝗈𝗈𝗆 𝗐𝖺𝗅𝗄𝗌

 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗆𝗈𝗆 𝗋𝗈𝗈𝗆 𝗐𝖺𝗅𝗄𝗌

THE GIRL SAT ON the Hufflepuff table beside the girl she had met on the train

THE GIRL SAT ON the Hufflepuff table beside the girl she had met on the train. "Hi," Anya said once she sat beside her.

Davina sat and looked down at her dinner, not touching any of it before she watched as Harry Potter walked in with a bloodied nose.

Davina stood up and walked towards the Gryffindor table to see if Harry was okay. "You alright, Harry?" Davina asked as she took a seat next to him and Ginny.

"I'm fine, Davina. What have I missed?" Harry asked as he took a drink.

"Sorting Hat urged us all to be brave and strong in these troubled times. Easy for it to say, huh? It's a hat, isn't it?" Davina rolled her eyes with a chuckle at his words.

"Very best of evenings to you all," Dumbledore's voice stopped the talking.

"First off, let me introduce the newest member of our staff, Horace Slughorn. Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say, has agreed to resume his old post as Potions Master. Meanwhile, the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape," No one clapped besides the Slytherin at the words.

"As you know, each and every one of you was searched upon your arrival tonight and you have the right to know why. Once there was a young man who, like you, sat in this very hall, walked this castle's corridors, slept under its roof. He seemed to all the world a student like any other. His name? Tom Riddle," Whispers around the Great Hall could be heard.

"Today, of course, he's known all over the world by another name. Which is why, as I stand looking out upon you all tonight I'm reminded of a sobering fact. Every day, every hour, this very minute, perhaps, dark forces attempt to penetrate the castle's walls. But in the end, the greatest weapon is you. Just something to think about. Now off to bed, pip-pip."

"That was cheerful," Ron said before they all stood up.

"I'll walk you to your Common Room, okay?" Ron asked as he watched Davina stand and they both started to walk to the Hufflepuff Common Room.

"We haven't really talked much about the, you know what," Ron said through the silence of the two.

"Isn't that going to be an awkward conversation?" She questioned as the stairs began to move, Ron nodded his head to the girl and then he went to say something again but shut his mouth.

"What is it?" Davina asked him kindly. "It's just, I haven't seen you eat. I was wondering if you're okay," He told her, his expression full of worry.

Davina had been eating, it just she wasn't hungry when it was dinner in the Hall just then. "I'm okay, Ron," She told him. A smile plastering on his face as they reached the common room.

"Thank you for walking me here," She said to him and then proceeded to open the door before Ron grabbed her wrist lightly.

He leaned closer to the girl, kissing the top of her forehead before he pulled away.

Her body began to flip around due to Ron's kiss and their eyes met. Ron's deep blue eyes met the girls' bright hazel ones as she felt his body lean in before their lips met.

Time stopped when his lips met hers, but the flutter only intensified. Davina's heart pounded in her chest as her knees got weaker, melting deeper into the kiss. She could only focus on the surprising action, how the gesture invaded all of her senses.

Ron was sure it was the courageous thought that caused him to do so but he was sure his mind tricked him.

Every breath he took was the scent of the sweet aroma from Davina, and he didn't feel shy. He felt invited by her soft breath that hit his cheeks after their kiss ended.

"Goodnight, Ron," she smiled as her lips placed another gentle kiss on his. "Goodnight, D," He said in a daze before she closed the door for the room.