Chapter 2

*

"W-What are you doing?" Jin whispered, as he peered into the darkness in front of him.

He could sense Namjoon beside him, but other then that, he was going in blind. He couldn't even see the arm he had lifted up before his face.

What was going on?

"Relax. There's no need to be scared." Namjoon said. His voice was light, with a hint of laughter in it. He was enjoying Jin's discomfort.

It annoyed him, but Jin kept quiet and tried to take slow steps into the room.

He stopped for a second or two, thinking there was something on the floor and he might trip. But he didn't stumble nor hit face-first into a wall.

"Where are we going?" he asked, when he couldn't stand the silence any more.

"Just a little bit further." Namjoon said.

This time his voice sounded further away, then before, and Jin hastened his pace to follow him. It would be troublesome if he was left behind in this room.

He hadn't spent time in a dark place like this one. Taehyung locking him up in a convenience store restroom, didn't count.

"Is this the part, where you make the big reveal of being a serial killer?" Jin joked, trying to calm his erratic heartbeat. "Are you going to show me your hideout, and the corpse you're hiding?"

"Hmm...maybe?" Namjoon answered.

Jin waited for him to elaborate, but there was just silence.

"N-Namjoon?"

There was no answer.

"Namjoon? Where are you?" Jin reached out his hand, following the wall as he walked to the end of the room.

"This is not funny! Where are you?"

Just when Jin thought it was a bad idea to trust Namjoon, and that maybe, he should just turn back and return to the studio, the entire place flooded with bright white light.

"Wha-"

Jin blinked, and blinked again, until he could focus on the sight in front of him.

"I wanted to wait a bit longer, before turning on the light, but you seemed scared so-" Namjoon was leaning against the wall at the end of the room, a wide grin on his face.

"Who said I was scared!" Jin snapped back. He wouldn't admit his brief moment of fear, not to Namjoon or anyone else.

"I was just bored, and wondering if I should go back."

"Oh-" Namjoon cocked his head to the side, the grin still in place.

His eyes held that mischievous glint that made Jin wondered, how long would he have let Jin search in the dark before turning on the light.

He was no better than Taehyung in that sense.

Great, Jin thought. He had left behind Taehyung, and ended up with another troublemaker.

"So these are-"

"My bonsai trees." Namjoon said with a wave of his hand, and Jin stared at him.

The soft fondness on his face told Jin how much the plants meant to Namjoon. No one would look over at the bonsai like that, as if they were his kids, if he didn't love them.

"I bought this one yesterday." Namjoon said, pointing to one, near the side of the table where Jin stood.

He moved closer, trying to get a better look at the plants.