Chapter |22| Screwed

Start from the beginning

"Yes, now eat your pancakes. Pepper's coming over at four to do our hair and make up."

"Wow, I still can't believe your mother knows him." I rolled my eyes.

"Would you believe it if it told you it was actually my dad who introduced them? Apparently Pepper used to do his hair when he was younger." She spat out the milk she was drinking as she burst out into laughter.

"I'm sorry, I'm just imagining your dad sitting in a room with Pepper." I chuckled. Pepper was an old family friend but he annoyed my father to the brink of insanity. I'm surprised my dad hasn't shot him yet.

"Kiara, could you come to my office for a moment? You don't mind, do you Tessa?"My dad said, strolling into the kitchen.

"Of course not, I have to go pick up my shoes anyways." I walked Tessa out, following my dad into his office.

I wasn't a stranger to these weird meetings my dad always had with me. He called them our 'weekly catch ups', making them seem like some sort of business meeting. It was really just a chance for my dad to pry into my life per usual, but it always ended with me either getting his credit card or him buying me a pair of shoes.

"Uh daddy, why are Kieron, Kai and Kalen there too?" I whispered, noticing my brothers all lingering outside the office. "And why is mum here too?"

"It's not our weekly catch up, it's a family meeting instead. Hence, the whole family is here." I childishly rolled my eyes. "Kiara, behave. I didn't raise a brat."

I smirked. "No, but you did raise a bitch."

"Kiara!" He scowled, whilst I simply walked into the office as if I owned it, taking the chair seated at the head of the table. My brothers scoffed and rolled their eyes, when they saw where I was sat, but I ignored them all.

"Kiara, that's my chair." My dad said sternly.

"But daddy, this chair's more comfy." I stuck out my bottom lip and gave him the puppy eyes until he sighed.

"Fine, I'll sit over there." I flashed my brothers a victorious smile, leaning back against the soft leather.

"I called this meeting for three reasons. One, I'm glad all of you are attending the ball tonight. We desperately need to show the world how charitable and generous the Romano family is. That starts tonight, Kiara and Tessa are going to attend the auction tonight." The room erupted with anger.

"What the fuck? Dad, you can't be serious."

"No fucking way,"

"Over my dead body will my little sister be sold like cattle to some old guy with deep pockets."

My dad simply held up his hand, and everyone fell silent. "Kiara wants to do this, and so does Tessa. They're 18, and this will benefit us all. Besides, do you really think that I'll let some random man take my daughter out. I've made arrangements."

What the fuck? What did he mean arrangements?

"Dad, what are you talking about?" I noticed my mother's puzzled face as she stared down at my dad.

"Yes Ryder, what are you talking about?" My dad sighed, furiously rubbing his eyes and for a moment I felt bad. He did work hard, too hard really, but I didn't want this auction to be rigged. I didn't want it to be controlled my father.