Chapter 9 - Lingering aftertaste

I roll myself over to face the unidentifiable figure next to me in my own bed, he claws into my back even harder, pulling me in, my forehead rests on his chest. The rate of his heart if beating decently at a slower pace then mine, its symphony was rather soothing. He groans as I place a soft kiss on his chest, and pulls me in harder. He tugs on my hair softly, a sudden wave of pain flashes through my esophagus, I lift and place my hand on my neck bracing myself. I cough in response which only leads to more pain, I cross my eyebrows in suspicion. Remus opens one eye to examine the noise under his nose.

"What's with all the unnecessary muffle at this hour?" Lupin lowly speaks, his voice creaks like wooden floorboards; his voice hasn't woken up either. I cough again, siting up, crossing my legs on the bed in front of him. He places his hand on my thigh, trying to somewhat comfort me.

"I'm actually not sure, it's- my throat is unusually sore, I'm sure its nothing. How did you sleep, I probably took up too much of the space so I'm guessing not as good as asleep in your own bed?" His deep voice chuckled, it sent a shiver down my back, even his voice can put me in a trance. He places his hands on my cheeks, forcing me to look up at him, he rubs his thumbs under my eyes, the right corner of his lips perks up.

"Actually it was way better, trust me, I'd much rather have your body wrapped around me then hear James snoring. Even though I had one of my legs slipping off the side of the four-post, I'd give the Y/N sleeping experience a solid 9.5 out of 10," I laugh and my head falls out of hands, I remove myself from his grasp and walk around the room.

"You know what I think I might know the cause of the erm- discomfort in my throat-," I almost whisper. Remus leans on his forearms, still in bed, he smirks.

"Oh do you, darling, maybe I should consider next time that you're a weak link and go easy on you? Is that what you want Y/N?" Remus eyes me down, trying to prove his own point. I shake my head in dismay. I walk up to him slowly, he follows my steps. I grab his messy hair, pulling him up to my lips.

"It's all about you isn't Lupin, you mock my pain and leave me with nothing. How about I leave you trembling even more than last night next time, see how you act, you're so sensitive and easy Lupin." Gobsmacked his mouth hangs open.

"Look miss, I'm not the one whinging to get to bed because I didn't get my daily nap," I crack my fingers and fold my arms, I hold my stance looking at him in dismay. "What?" He says, almost scared.

"You're all talk Remus," I mock. I grab the bottom of my shirt, and gesture that I'm going to remove it. "Cover your eyes, Remus, I'm changing," I snarl innocently.

"Oh please Y/N, you think I haven't seen that beautiful body before, but whatever the lady wants," Remus removes one of his arms that was holding him from the bed and covers his eyes. I pull the rest of the shirt off and catch him looking between the crevasse he created with his fingers. I throw the shirt that was drowned in his own cologne at his hand, it frightens him. "AH- Y/N, censor self!! you're exposed! put something on," Remus stretches, covering his face with a pillow. Going with it I quickly grab my collared uniform slipping it over my arms, looping them in.

"Oh no! your poor sensitive eyes, it's fine I'm exposed no more," I chuckle, Remus lifts himself off of the bed and moves close to me. Towering over, he slides his hands around my waist and over my ass.

"You're such a tease Y/N," He squeezes my ass and bends down to grab my skirt.

"And you're a sucker for it Mr Lupin," I seductively spoke. He brings the zip down on the skirt and moves it closer towards me.

"Shall I?" Remus said, I nodded and slip both of my legs into the skirt, he wraps it around my behind. He immediately recognises how tightly it fits around my waist and hips, he struggles momentarily zipping it up, but with multiple tugs underway he managed to complete the final touches. He runs his hands around my hips. "Maybe next year you should get a bigger size, I don't want you showing off to all the other guys, attracting too much attention?" Remus informatively suggests walking around to find his crimpled uniform, sliding it on himself.