Day 16: Christmas Socks

Spencer woke up to the smell of coffee wafting into the bedroom. He scrunched his eyes, rolling over to reach for the body he knew wasn't there. He sighed, willing himself to get up and meet you in the kitchen. As he opened his eyes, he noticed a small red bag on your pillow. Reaching for it, he noticed it had his name written on it in your handwriting. Curious, he sat up and opened it.

You were in the kitchen making your and Spencer's coffees when you heard him shriek from the bedroom. Feeling your heart drop, you let go of the spoon, letting it crash onto the counter. You ran towards the bedroom, feeling your heart pounding in your chest.

"Spencer, what's wrong? Are you-", you let out a sigh of relief when you saw him completely fine, sitting under the covers. He looked up at you, a wide smile across his face. You held your hand against your chest, willing your heart rate to go back to a normal rate. "Spence, don't do that", you huffed, "you almost gave me a heart attack".

"Sorry", he laughed, looking back at the contents of the bag. "I just- These are amazing!", he gleamed, looking back up at you. You smiled, walking towards him.

"I saw them and I knew I had to get them for you". He opened his arms for you, and you sat down in his lap, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"I love them", he said, kissing your cheek.

While grocery shopping, you had come across a display of Christmas socks, and you immediately picked some out. You had picked out light blue ones with little penguins and red ones with gingerbread people on them. Spencer held one of each in his hand, holding them up and admiring the design with a lovesick smile on his lips. You had given him one of each, knowing how much you both adored mismatched socks.

When Spencer met you, one of the first things he fell in love with was your love for socks. On his first visit to your apartment, you had eagerly shown him your 'fun sock' collection, as you so proudly referred to it. From that moment, among many other reasons, he knew you were it for him.

"Where are the matching pairs?", he asked, knowing that even though the only acceptable way to wear socks was to have two different ones on, that they generally came in pairs. You giggled and swung your legs up onto the bed.

"Right here", you smiled. When Spencer saw the socks on your feet, his smile grew wider than you thought possible. He gasped, opening his mouth in amazement. "Now we can have matching mismatched socks", you beamed. Spencer wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you into him. You laughed, him having knocked your breath out at how sudden the hug was. You relaxed in his arms, tightening your hold around his neck. He peppered kisses down your neck, mumbling into the soft skin.

"I love you", he spoke, breathing in your warm scent.

"I love you too". You ran your hands through his hair as he pulled back to look at you. He looked tenderly into your eyes, wondering how he got so lucky. You bit your lip under his gaze, feeling the flush rise to your cheeks. "Well put them on", you giggled, breaking the silence.

"Right, of course". You moved across him, sitting on your side of the bed so he could put them on. "There", he said, turning to look at you. You came and sat next to him, leaning against the headboard. You rested your head on his shoulder and placed your legs against his.

"There, perfect", you said as you both looked down at your feet.

"Perfect", he hummed, holding your hand and placing another kiss on your head.