Day 13: Kissing in the Snow

Sundays were your favorite days. If you weren't on a case, it meant you had Spencer all to yourself. The two of you often opted to spend your time relaxing, just enjoying the others company. Having no obligations for the day also meant sporting pajamas all day. Spencer wore plaid pajama bottoms and a grey t-shirt, whereas you donned one of his old sweatshirts and light grey sweatpants.

You were laying next to Spencer on the couch with your head resting in his lap. He was currently reading a book, while one of his hands came down to gently stroke your hair. He wasn't even aware he was doing it, but being around you and touching you in small ways like this always calmed him. He liked the physical reassurance that you were there, even if his conscious mind wasn't fully aware of it.

You closed your eyes, the peaceful sound of the fireplace and Spencer turning the pages of his book relaxing you. You took in a deep breath, the scent of the burning of the logs filling your lungs. Spencer felt you shift beneath him, turning over so the back of your head was pressed against his chest. You brought the hand that rested by your head up to your lips, placing a tender kiss on his knuckles. Spencer smiled at the gesture, peeking down at you from the top of his book. You turned your attention towards the window across from the couch, admiring the calmness of the day. Upon looking outside, however, Spencer felt your head spring up from his lap, causing him to abruptly put down his book and look at you with concern. Before he could ask what was wrong, you squealed with excitement.

"It's snowing!", you gasped, while your head flipped back and forth between the falling snow and your boyfriend. "Spence! It's snowing!". You ran towards the window, eagerly looking out at the light dusting of white that was accumulating across the ground. Spencer's chuckles at your vivacious excitement rang throughout the room, as he got up and followed you to the window.

"Yes it is", he chuckled, wrapping his arms around you and placing a kiss on your shoulder. You admired the snow for a moment longer, before grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the door.

"Let's go outside, come on!". You threw your boots on and opened the door before Spencer could begin to protest.

"(Y/n), are you serious?", he called after you. You giggled down the stairs, hearing him struggle to put on some shoes behind you.

"I want to feel the snow!", you called after him, running outside. When you made it to the outside of your building, you closed your eyes, breathing in the cold air. You spread your arms out and let the snowflakes delicately fall onto your body. You heard the door to your apartment building open, followed by the heavy breathing of your boyfriend.

"(Y/n), it's freezing", he scolded, placing your jacket around your shoulder. You opened your eyes and turned to him, watching as he put on his own jacket. You looked down, seeing in his rush to follow you outside, he had put on two different pairs of shoes.

"You know I loved the mismatched socks", you said looking down at his feet, "but, I'm not sure if the whole mismatched shoe thing will catch on". He grimaced slightly as you laughed, pulling him in for a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah, well, if someone hadn't ran out here in their pajamas like a crazy person, maybe I wouldn't have had to grab the first two things I saw". He shook his head, laughing at the innocent smile you gave him.

"But come on", you smiled, "it's snowing. Isn't it magical". You looked around, taking in how the flurries lightly coated your surroundings. Spencer admired the way your hair glistened while dusted in snow and couldn't help the smile that made its way to his lips.

"I suppose so", he amused. You turned back around, looking him in the eyes.

"You suppose?", you joked, smirking at him.

"Well, it's pretty magical because you're here with me".

"Aw, Spence", you cooed. His cheeks flushed, partly due to the cold, but mostly because of the way you looked at him with all the love in the world. You stepped towards him, placing your hands on his blushed cheeks. He placed his hands on your waist, pulling you towards him and connecting your lips.

The kiss was soft and tender, neither of you feeling the need to deepen it. You cherished the feeling of the other, the warmth of their breath, and how nice it felt to just be together.

"But you know what's even more magical?", he mumbled against your lips.

"What?", you whispered, smiling into the kiss.

"Radiators", he deadpanned. You pulled apart, neither of you able to contain your laughter.

"Alright, alright. Let's get you out of the cold", you giggled. You linked his arm with yours and started making your way back inside. Spencer pulled you into his side, placing a kiss on the top of your head. "Sorry for making you rush out here", you looked up at him. "I'll try to contain to contain my excitement next time", you smiled sheepishly.

"Don't you dare", Spencer said, looking at you seriously. "It's one of the things I love most about you", he smiled softly. You gleamed up at him as you climbed the stairs to your apartment, running your thumb over the back of his hand. "Just, um, maybe wait until we can put on something warmer", he teased. You lovingly rolled your eyes, opening the door to your apartment.

"I'll try", you smirked, taking off your boots. You started to make your way back towards the couch, but you felt Spencer grab your wrist. You turned towards him, but were met his lips latching onto yours. When he pulled back, he placed another quick kiss on your nose.

"Sorry", he whispered while lost in your eyes, "you had a few snowflakes on your lips, and I didn't want you to get cold".

"Thanks", you said, biting your top lip. "I think you still have a few snowflakes on you as well", you smirked.

"Oh, yeah?", he teased. You shook your head and hummed in response. "Care to show me where?", he smiled.

"Gladly", you smirked, leaning back in towards him.

Although Spencer wasn't as much of a fan of the cold as you were, he wouldn't mind moving to the arctic if it meant getting to spend all of his days like this.