Day 8: Dancing to Christmas Music

You and Spencer hadn't gotten off of work until late, the sunlight having already been swallowed up by dark winter night. It had been a really long day, and you were both exhausted. You had decided to do take out for dinner, neither of you having the energy to cook.

When you got home, you took out some plates and silverware as Spencer poured you both a glass of wine. Neither of you drank often, but it was a nice treat to help you both relax after a stressful day at work.

Before sitting down, you went to the record player, putting on your favorite Christmas record: Frank Sinatra. You closed your eyes, the relaxing melodies filling the room. Spencer finished setting the table and looked up, watching you peacefully sway to the music. He smiled to himself, feeling so fortunate that he got to experience every aspect of his life with you, including your slight infatuation with Christmas music.

He came up behind you, wrapping his arms sound your waist, letting his chin rest in the crook of your neck. You crossed your arms over your chest, resting your hands on his elbows, pulling yourself further into his chest. You felt his hair tickle your neck, and his comforting aroma of warm vanilla and dark oak filled your lungs. The two of you rocked back and forth, just enjoying the placidity of being in each other's arms.

"Dance with me", he whispered into your ear. The vibrations that flowed from his voice rang even deeper throughout your body than Sinatra's sultry voice.

"But the food with get cold", you hummed, dreading having to leave his warming embrace.

"So?", he asked, turning to look into your eyes. You let out a breath, a small smile finding its way across your lips. Even after all these years, whenever Spencer looked at you with his wide eyes, that you swore held every secret of the universe, you felt yourself falling in love all over again. You thought yourself the luckiest person in the world, for having found love in your best friend.

"Can't argue with that logic", you quietly grinned, turning around so your chests were flush against the other. You wrapped your arms around his neck, resting your head against his chest. He tucked his head beside your shoulder, pulling you into him. The two of you gently turned about the room, slightly off tempo from the song, 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas', that filled the room. You closed your eyes, letting your senses be consumed by Spencer. He ran his hands along your back, hugging you impossibly closer. You felt him smile into your neck, causing you to let out a relaxed sigh.

"From now on", he softly sang, slightly off-key, "all our troubles will be miles away". His voice reverberated in the soft skin of your neck that he mumbled into. You bit your lip, completely enamored with the man you held in your arms.

"Faithful friends, who are dear to us", you whispered, feeling as though you were the only two people in the world, safe in the small life you had made together.

"Gather near to us", he sang before placing a tender kiss on your cheek, "once more". You giggled, looking up at his flushed cheeks.

He took your hand and abruptly spun you around, causing you to gleam with joy. Your sweet laughter filled the room as he brought you back towards him, now placing one hand on your hip and holding the other out as if you were ballroom dancing. Your heart fluttered at the movement, and you placed your other hand on his shoulder. The two of you pretended to waltz, giggling as you looked down, trying to coordinate your feet. You probably looked ridiculous, but you couldn't care less.

As the song came to end, Spencer pulled you back into his chest. You rested your head on his shoulder as he placed a kiss on your temple. You stayed there for a moment, just enjoying the feeling of being so close.

"Thanks for that. I really needed it", you whispered into his neck. Spencer smiled, happy that he could relieve some of your stress from work. "I could fall asleep right here", you mumbled, unaware at how Spencer's heart swelled at your words.

"You can", he gently said.

"But we have to eat", you pointed out, not wanting to move. "And despite how tired I am, I am just as hungry", you yawned, "if not more". You sighed, lifting your head up. Spencer looked into your tired eyes, smiling, and then placed a chaste kiss on your lips.

"Okay", he said, taking your hand and leading you to the table. "But, we can do the dishes in the morning", he bargained. "I just want to go cuddle when we finish", he smirked sheepishly.

"That sounds perfect", you dopily smiled, sitting down to eat. Spencer took your hand, opting to eat with his non-dominant one. Although it meant only half of the food actually made it into his mouth, it was well worth it to be able to run his fingers along your soft skin and have the sound of your precious giggles ring throughout the room at the sight of him trying to eat.

When you both had finished, you slowly made your way to bed, Spencer hindering your abilities slightly by latching himself around your back, stuffing his head into your back.

When you made it into the room, you finally broke apart, but only for a moment. You swiftly got ready for bed, both opting to just remove your clothes and sleep in your undergarments out of pure fatigue and desire to just hold one another. You pulled the covers back, instantly feeling your eyelids get heavier as you laid down on the soft sheets.

Spencer wrapped you in his arms and you snuggled into him, running your hands lightly through his hair. He hummed at the feeling, completely at peace with you next to him. You noticed his breathing slow down and tiny snores leaving his mouth. You slowly pulled your hand away from his head, placing it across his chest. You pulled him closer to your chest, letting yourself drift off to the adorable sounds he was making. As your breath slowed too, following suit with Spencer's, you placed a light kiss on his cheek before falling asleep, swearing you could hear your hearts beating in tandem.