Day 7: Mistletoe Kiss

You felt an incessant tickle on your nose, causing you to roll over in the bed while attempting to swat away whatever was causing your face to scrunch. A faint chuckle grazed your ears, causing you to peel your eyes open. You blinked a few times, the image of your boyfriend lying next to you become clearer.

"Spence", you groaned, closing your eyes again, nuzzling into his chest. He laughed at how cute you were when you tried to be annoyed. "Whatever study you read that said waking your girlfriend up by annoyingly tickling her face was a good idea, is very, very wrong", you whined, trying to go back to sleep. Spencer wrapped his arms sound you, pulling you further into his chest.

"Baby", he laughed, "you didn't see what it was though". He brushed your nose again, causing you to squirm. You pulled away from him, slightly annoyed that he was interrupting your cuddle time.

"What?", you moaned, finally opening your eyes. What you saw, however, immediately brought a smile to your face. Spencer sat in the bed, with a ridiculous smirk across his face, dangling a piece of mistletoe in front of you. "Oh", you smiled, feeling a bit guilty. Spencer chuckled, dangling the mistletoe in his hand, suggestively raising his eyebrows. "I mean, I wouldn't want to go against the sacred Christmas rule of kissing under the mistletoe", you joked, leaning towards him.

"Yeah", he giggled, your lips almost touching. "Wouldn't want to break tradition", he whispered, his warm breath sending a shiver down your spine. "It's seen as bad luck to not kiss when caught under the mistletoe", he spoke into your mouth, your noses brushing against one another.

"Well, we can't have that, now can we?", you said, finally connecting your lips. Spencer dropped the mistletoe onto the sheets, both his hands coming to your cheeks. You relaxed into his palms, running your hands along his shoulder and up the nape of his neck.

"The tradition of kissing under the mistletoe", Spencer spoke between kisses, "actually dates back to ancient Greece". He spoke through mumbled breaths, not wanting to be detached from your tender mouth for too long. "Where it was used during marriage ceremonies", he felt you smile into his mouth and felt heat rise to your cheeks. He smirked, loving how easily he could get you flustered and blushing. "And to celebrate Saturnalia". You hummed, moving to sit in his lap, desperately trying to get as close to him as possible. "Which was a festival", you placed a kiss to the top of his right cheek, "in honor of the god Saturn", then the left, "as its namesake suggests".

"Interesting", you hummed, eyes still closed, as you placed a line of kisses down his jaw.

"T-there's also a Nordic myth", he whispered, pulling you back up, reconnecting your lips, "that says when Loki", he ran his hands along your back, "the god of mischief", he slid the tips of his fingers under your nightshirt, running circles along your waist, "killed the son of Frigg", you let out a soft moan, "the goddess of love", he mumbled against your lips, "she revived him under a mistletoe tree". You twirled your fingers through Spencer's hair as he began peppering your neck with kisses. "It's said", he continued between kisses, "that anyone–who stands–under–the mistletoe–deserves– protection–from death–and", he placed a kiss to your cheek, "a", and then the corner of your mouth, "kiss", and then finally to your lips. You giggled, biting your now swollen lips. You tried to catch your breath, admiring Spencer's tousled hair and flush cheeks. "H-however", he started again, but not before you latched your mouth right below his ear. "C-contrary to its common symbolism of life and fertility", he gasped, the feeling of your wet mouth causing him to shake, "i-it is actually a parasitic organism". He felt you let out a small laugh, pulling away from his neck and looking into his eyes, admiring how wonderfully strange his mind was. "It can only grow by extracting its water and nutrients from its host plant", he said, a bit too enthusiastically. He smirked, shifting slightly under your loving gaze.

"Lovely", you amused, placing a quick peck to his lips. You both looked into each other eyes for a moment, exchanging looks of pure love and admiration. He wrapped his arms around you, you both chuckling a bit. Relaxing into his embrace, you rested your head in the crook of his neck, snuggling close into his chest. "I love you", you murmured, bringing his hand up to your mouth and placing a kiss on his knuckles. He smiled down at you, hugging you tightly in his arms and kissing the top of your head.

"I love you too", he said into your hair. "And sorry for waking you up", he said, a light smirk breaking through his tone, indicating he wasn't that sorry. You laughed, shaking your head, not sorry either.

"I guess there are worse ways to be woken up", you teased. Spencer watched as you closed your eyes, completely at peace in his arms. He smiled, admiring how beautiful you looked, before resting his head on top of yours. Truth be told, you wouldn't mind being woken up at any time of day, as long as it meant you got to be with Spencer.