Day 6: Building a Gingerbread House

You and Spencer had the day off, which was a rare occurrence. You had both decided to try and build a gingerbread house, figuring it would be a relaxing way to spend your time together. The night before, the two of you had made the trek to the supermarket, getting all of the ingredients and decorations you would need. Spencer had filled the basket up with so many sweets that you joked the house would be more candy than it would be gingerbread.

When Spencer woke up the next morning, he rolled over, expecting to pull you closer into his chest. However, he was met with an empty bed and the smells of cinnamon and ginger filling his lungs. He ran his fingers over his face, trying to wake himself up before he went to find you. He let out a slight groan at his soar back, a small smile finding its way to his lips as he remembered the events that led to his bruised behind.

You heard footsteps coming down the hall, and you looked up from the bowl you were currently stirring, your eyes finding Spencer's groggy form. You wiped your hands on the apron tied around your waist, opening your arms for him to fall into.

"Good morning", you hummed, pressing a kiss to his temple. Spencer closed his eyes, leaning into your soft touch.

"You said you would wake me up to help you bake", he whimpered, feeling bad you were working hard while he slept.

"I know, but you looked so cute and peaceful sleeping, and I know you need the rest". He hummed into your shoulder, silently thanking you. You ran your arms up and down his back before pulling back, wanting to make sure the gingerbread wasn't burning. "Coffee is in the pot", you said, leaning down to pull the gingerbread out of the oven.

"Thank you", Spencer said, perking up at the sound of coffee. He made you and himself each a cup of coffee before coming back behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist. "This looks amazing", he said, admiring the frosting, bowls of candy, and pieces of gingerbread you had made. "What kind of house did you want to make?", he asked, placing kisses along the back of your shoulder. You tilted your head back, giving him access to your neck, which he eagerly took you up on. You giggled under his soft lips that tickled your neck as he brushed kisses along your soft skin.

"I don't know", you said, your eyes closing. "Maybe a nice little house", you hummed, Spencer still peppering you with kisses. "With a porch", you said hesitantly, "that our gingerbread people can drink their morning coffee on together". Spencer's breath hitched at your words, causing your eyes to shoot open. You had once mentioned to Spencer that growing up you had always wanted a big porch to sit out on and watch the world turn, which you knew he remembered. You looked nervously at him, trying to gauge his response.

"And these gingerbread people", he started, biting his lip, "w-would they have a big yard?"

"Yeah", you shyly smiled, imagining it in your head, "t-they would have a huge yard, maybe even a field". You took a deep breath before continuing. "Definitely big enough for little gingerbread kids to run around and play", you murmured, avoiding his gaze. Spencer's heart leaped at your words, giddiness coursing through his veins. He reached out for your hand, causing you to abruptly look up at him. You saw all the love and adoration he held in his eyes, and it melted away any bit of anxiety you had.

Spencer's mouth opened and shut as he struggled to find any combination of words that would express how he felt. He wanted to tell you that he loved you and wanted nothing more than to raise little gingerbread kids in a lovely little gingerbread house with you, filled with gingerbread coffee cups and gingerbread beds. He wanted to tell you that you were his whole world, but all he could do was stare at you in awe, mesmerized by how someone as wonderful and kind-hearted as you wanted all of that with him.

You could practically see the gears turning in Spencer's head, and you shifted, slightly uncomfortable in the silence, not quite sure what to say either. You basically just told Spencer you wanted to raise a family with him, and although you two had talked about a future together, it never seemed as real as it did right now. You knew he wanted everything you did, but you also knew he was just as nervous about it as you.

"Oh!", you said, your features lighting up, trying to ease the tension, "and an observatory on the roof to watch the stars", you raised your eyebrows, smirking. "And a huge aquarium in the backyard" you added, "big enough for a whale shark", you joked, eliciting a small laugh from Spencer. He relaxed a bit, shaking his head at your comical demeanor that he loved.

"I think we can make that happen", he smiled, still lost in your eyes.

"What part?", you asked, your voice wavering slightly. You searched his eyes for a reaction, and luckily, this time, you didn't have to wait long.

"All of it", he said simply, a foolish smile plastered across his face.

"Yeah?", you gleamed.

"Yeah", Spencer nodded. You smiled, slowly leaning in for a kiss. Spencer closed his eyes, matching your actions. When you noticed Spencer's eyes were closed, you reached behind you, picking up some icing on your fingers. Just as your mouths were about to connect, you smudged the frosting across Spencer's face, causing his eyes to pop open.

"(Y/n)!", he gasped, trying to suppress his laughter. You, however, were in a fit of giggles. He pulled you into his chest, connecting your lips, smothering you in the frosting you put across his face. You laughed into the kiss, not feeling Spencer reach behind you for more frosting. He leaned back slightly, covering your cheek in icing. You let out a small yelp at the feeling before grabbing some sprinkles to throw at him. He ducked, his hair getting coated in rainbow sprinkles. While crouched down, Spencer lifted you up by your legs, spinning you around.

"Ah, Spence", you giggled, as he set you down on the counter. He stood between your legs, you both gasping for air from laughing so hard. You got lost in each other's eyes, Spencer stepping forward, running his hands along your thighs until he rested them on your waist. You cupped his cheeks, pulling him in and connecting your lips.

"You taste good", Spencer hummed, pulling back for a moment, dreamily smiling into your eyes.

"You're not too bad yourself, Dr. Gingerbread", you teased, leaning back in for another kiss. Spencer smiled into the kiss, giggling against your lips.

"Well, thank you, Mrs. Gingerbread", he smirked, kissing you again. Needless to say, you both had very swollen lips and were in desperate need of a shower by the time the gingerbread house was complete.