Chapter 8: Ruined Palace

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Chris looks back at her as they kept moving through the tunnels, passing a bonfire that was still burning. "True. Let's move," he said and they continued forward. They headed further into the cave and came to a huge opening in the cave. But they followed down the trail, suddenly the ground in front of them began to raise in front of them, making them stop and aim their guns.

Then from the ground, rose infected grown spider, they hissed and charges at them, but the three fired their guns and blew them back, making them shriek in the process. Once they were dead and down, they continued down the trail, firing at the infected spiders that kept burrowing from the ground, Chris then climbs the ladder Sheva and Annabelle followed after him. The collected treasure and ammo along their way and fired at the infected spiders.

They came to the end as they stood in front of a stone door, Chris looks back to Sheva and Annabelle, they nodded and walk up towards the door.

~8~8~8~

Once inside, they step through the remains of a ruined temple, Annabelle steps towards the rails and looks out in wonder. "I never knew such a place existed." Annabelle states, Sheva smiles and looks at her, "That makes two of us." she agrees with her.

Annabelle smiled at her as she kept looking at the wonders left behind by time. Chris looks down at the ground below and saw a few things were too new. "It looks like there's been some recent activity." he informs them, "I hope Irving was telling the truth when he said we'd find answers in this place." Sheva agrees with him. Annabelle pulls back and looks at them, "We'll only know if we search the place ourselves." she informs them.

They both looked at her and nod in agreement then they through the hall jump down the gap and hurries through the remains of a house. Chris jumps down and the two followed him down.

The came to a turn and step through the frame, once they reached the bridge, something from the shadows was watching them. Annabelle shot a lookout of the corner of her eye as she slowed in her steps. Sheva stops and looks at her. "What is it?" she asks her.

Annabelle listens to the surroundings around her, then looks up to the pillars above them. One of the stone... it was moving. "Go!" she calls out to them, Chris stops and looks at them as Sheva then looks up at the stone pillar as it was being pushed off the edge. Annabelle pushed Sheva out of the way as Chris ran the other way. The pillar falls over and falls onto the bridge.

Landing on top of Annabelle as the bridge collapses in from the sudden weight drop, once the dust and the two stood up. Chris ran back to the edge and looks down at the dust. "Annabelle, you okay!?" he calls out to her. Sheva coughs as she fans the dust away and looks down at the edge.

They both waited for a sign that she was alright, then the sound of a pillar being lifted up and rattled back down as it was dropped followed by coughing. "Yeah!!" she calls out, making Chris and Sheva exhale with relief. "You okay?" Chris calls out to her.

Annabelle groans as she dusts herself off. "Yeah, I'm okay!" she calls out as the dust settles. "What about you guys?" she calls out to them. He looks back to Sheva, seeing she nods at him and Chris looks down at the pit. "We're okay! Just try to find a way back, "You go on ahead, I'll circle back and meet up with Sheva, you just try to find a way to meet back up with us! he informs her. "Okay, but be careful. With us separated we have no idea how many there are in here!" Annabelle calls out to them.

Sheva nods at her as she gave a thumbs up, "Got it! Keep your radio on so we can stay in contact!" Chris calls out to her, "Understood!" she calls out, Chris jumps down and lands on the lower ledge, he then looks down at the river and saw Annabelle running down the steam and out of sight. Once she was gone, Chris turns and spotted a hole in the wall and steps towards it.