chapter twenty six

Start from the beginning

"Deal. I'm going to win." I reply.

"You sure about that?" Fred questions.

"Yes, I am. Plus, I would prefer not to repeat what happened after my party." I mention, causing him to snicker. I roll my eyes and refocus onto Charlie.

"If you don't want to do the dare or truth you have been given, you have to take a shot." He announces, placing the large glass bottle down onto the grass.

"I'll start." Ginny says, turning to Hermione. "Hermione, truth or dare?"

"Truth." She responds confidently, but crumbles when Ginny speaks again.

"Have you ever done drugs and if so what kind?" She asks. Suddenly, Hermione's eyes grow wide and nervous before glancing over to Charlie.

"Hand me the bottle please?" This is going to be a long night for Hermione.

Eventually, we make it around the circle to me, and it's my turn to ask the person across from me. "Bill, truth or dare?" I ask.

"Truth." He responds in a mellow tone.

I glance over to Hermione with a mischievous look before asking him the question.

"What's your body count?"

He looks over to Ginny who has her eyebrows raised, being intrigued. He rolls his eyes before gazing into the sky silently. After a few seconds, he glances back to me, muttering something under his breath, trying not to let Ginny or Ron hear.

"What was that?" I ask.

"Twenty three!" He blurts, causing us all to burst out in laughter, me being the first one he hears.

"Oh be quiet, your probably still a virgin." He retorts, with an evil smirk.

We all stop laughing and I feel the warmth rise into my cheeks. "Shit Bill. You didn't need to call her out like that." George says looking over at me.

"Bloody hell, shut up George." I spit irritatedly.

"Charlie, your turn to ask y/n." Hermione says, interrupting the awkward moment.

"Truth or dare?" He asks.

"Dare."

He stares into the fire wearing a concentrated face for a few seconds before looking around the circle, returning back to me. "I dare you to make out with Percy." He finally announces, raising his eyebrow.

I notice George out of the corner of my eye mouthing something I couldn't understand before turning towards him. 'No drinking.' He reminds me.

"Unless you'd rather make out with me." Charlie adds with a wink, I roll my eyes.

I walk over to Percy, who is sitting uncomfortably on the grass, following me with his eyes. I quickly sit down beside him, and lean close to him. "You're not actually going to do it?" He whispers.

"Oh yes I am. I'm not losing." I answer, before pressing my lips against his. My fingertips gently slide onto his cheek, as he eagerly kisses back. My hands make their way into his curly hair as his cradle my torso, holding me tightly, and pulling me closer to him.